About the job
Fagron Sterile Services (FSS) is seeking a Vice President of Operations to drive continuous improvement and optimize all processes in a world class, 50,000 ft2 technologically advanced pharmaceutical facility. Fagron is seeking a candidate capable of successfully growing new production facility through strategic planning and leadership thereby driving Fagron Sterile Services to become the leader in this growing market. The Vice President will oversee all operations of the plant including quality, production, fulfilment, distribution, and ensuring company policies and procedures are followed. The successful candidate will have the key skills to develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Managerial oversight and responsibility for all production, quality, and training at the facility
- Responsible for maintaining industry leading customer service and achieving defined key performance indicators through the application of best-in-class manufacturing principles, processes, technologies and people management.
- Budget planning, responsibility and oversight
- Leads or serves as a key project team member on large cross-functional projects, often with high visibility to senior management within the organization and often with international impact.
- Participates in high level updates with senior management of other Fagron companies
- Accountable for identification of gaps, remediation, and developing action plans for the implementation of systems to meet short and long-term 503b manufacturing objectives.
- Develop and execute the operations budget while contributing to the strategic national and international vision of Fagron
- Develop, grow, and motivate team members across all levels of organization
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment that is responsive to customer and market needs
- Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals
- Communicate with R&D as well as product management personnel to develop new product strategies
- Work with Fagron procurement team to develop and improve supplier relationships
- Work with regulatory department and maintain compliance with local and federal regulations
- Participate in regulatory inspections and maintain positive relationship with local and federal authorities
Set yourself apart
You possess the following qualifications, background and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Operations/Logistics/Distribution Management or other related field
- Preferred qualifications: Master’s degree, Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- 7+ year’s progressive experience in a key management role at a pharmaceutical manufacturing/distribution facility with a record of improving performance, including initiatives aimed at raising operating efficiencies, increasing return on investment and optimizing the use of capital.
- Previous experience operating under FDA cGMP with a robust understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering
- Previous experience working with auditors, inspectors, and regulatory agencies
- Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc. to drive improvement
- Previous experience in designing, managing, and/or operating complex automation processes
- Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and safety regulations, and enforcement of safety rules and policies
- Demonstrates proven knowledge of business and management principles
- Demonstrates strong leadership, motivation, teambuilding, communication, and advanced coaching skills that instill a strong sense of mission in a team environment across all levels of organization
- Demonstrates excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production and maintenance needs
- Demonstrates a strong ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Demonstrates skills to solve complex problems in a wide variety of high pressure situations which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovativeness. In situations where precedent may not exist, is able to independently exercise judgment, determine appropriate solution and take action.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven
What’s on offer?
We offer a dynamic environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where individuals need to have strong motivation and ability to work independently. Fagron is a widely expanding, international, professional and ambitious pharmaceutical company with multiple growth opportunities. Job opportunity includes competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, performance package, and ability to be part of an international leader in an expanding industry.