About the job
- Adhere with SOPs and regulatory requirements such as GMPs, GDPs, GLPs and OSHA regulations
- Perform microbiological testing related for the following microbiological test methods:
- Sterility Testing per USP <71>
- Microbial Enumeration and Specified Microorganism (MET / SMT) testing per USP < 61>/< 62> * Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing (AET) per USP < 51> * Preservative Effectiveness Testing (PET) per USP < 51> * Purified/Source Water testing per USP < 1231> * Environmental Monitoring (EM)
- Microbiological growth promotion
- Experience with Disinfectant Efficacy Testing a plus
- Adhere to controlled substance requirements
- Receive, and release media, buffers, and microorganism cultures
- Update and review microbiological trending
- Review / record daily temperature readings
- Sanitize the laboratory incubators and refrigerators
- Review media, material, and supply inventories
- Maintain and coordinate equipment / instrumentation maintenance, calibration, and repair work
- Clean and sanitize the microbiology laboratory rooms surfaces and equipment
This job operates in a professional office environment and business casual attire with closed toe shoes is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role requires Good Hygiene and facial hair must be kept well-trimmed to prevent incidental contamination during testing. Working with Biohazardous materials is also prominent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls or to document testing. The employee is also occasionally required to stand for long periods of time collecting or processing samples.. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position type/expected hours of work This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. but earlier or later times or weekend work may be required when the production needs exist.
Set yourself apart
You possess the following qualifications, background and abilities:
Required education and experience
Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, biology, or related scientific field or equivalent experience
Preferred education and experience
- Two (2) to Four (4) years of experience in a pharmaceutical microbiology laboratory*
- Knowledge of cGMP/GLP/GDP, USP, FDA regulatory requirements* *
- Experience performing microbiological testing / environmental monitoring using aseptic techniques* *
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills* *
- Qualified to work with controlled substances* *
- Knowledge and experience performing serial dilutions* *
- Experience Handling Biohazardous materials*
What’s on offer?
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents.