About the job
We are seeking a Vice President, Procurement to join our Corporate Headquarters in Nashville, TN. This role will have responsibility for all procurement activities for Fagron North America and will report to the President of Fagron North America.
The VP of Procurement is responsible for leading procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively enable business units and functional partners to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives. The VP will work with business units to lead centralized direct and indirect sourcing and procurement efforts. This will include working with the internal stakeholder from initial need identification to final goods or service delivery. Specifically this role will be responsible for the following process: demand management, supply analysis/strategy, supplier identification, sourcing execution, contract negotiation, delivery planning and monitoring, purchase execution, and ongoing performance management and improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Development of organizational procurement strategy and plans, including investment, resource and skill requirements
- Creation and management of short, mid, and long term goals and objectives
- Development of benchmarks and metrics including a routine scorecards to set baseline standards and review for improvement opportunities
- Coordinates and oversees company Procurement with a primary focus on Facilities and IT with a view towards reducing costs while improving the overall quality of purchased goods and services
- Closely link Procurement performance with business needs
- Creation and ongoing value creation of a strong supply base
- Creation and improvement of best-practice based processes
- Management of business process outsourcing activities
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
- Selection and management of procurement systems
- Collaborates with business leaders to evaluate Technology investment plans
- Partner with IT/Finance/Legal in the contract administration of all third party agreements, etc
- Management of procurement staff in (and across) sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, supplier management, and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities
- Negotiate various service multi-year agreements
- Leadership of cross-functional teaming across other business functions and initiatives
Set yourself apart
- Bachelor's degree in Procurement or Business Administration required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience
- Previous procurement implementation experience a plus
What’s on offer?
We offer a dynamic environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where individuals need to have strong motivation and ability to work independently. Fagron is a widely expanding, international, professional and ambitious pharmaceutical company with multiple growth opportunities. Job opportunity includes competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, performance package, and ability to be part of an international leader in an expanding industry.