About the job
This position plays a critical role in the creation and execution of the trade and distribution strategy for the Fagron, Inc. Compounding Essentials product line. The role will have responsibility for developing and co-leading negotiations on trade contracts to bring Fagron products effectively and efficiently to the market. In addition, he/she will be responsible for optimization of inventory levels in the channel. The TR will also be responsible for developing business relationships with appropriate individuals within each Trade account to meet the business needs of the customer and Fagron. They will also be responsible for developing, maintaining and executing Trade customer business plans that deliver on the distribution Agreements. The TR will also be responsible for working with Sales Management to assist with any Fagron product pharmacy issues that may arise. Key account responsibilities can include, but are not limited to, Wholesalers, Distributors, Retail Chains and LTC GPO’s.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Develop and grow business partnerships/relationships within the designated accounts maximize the purchasing, stocking and inventory of Fagron, Inc. products to achieve performance goals within assigned accounts.
- Negotiate and manage the contractual agreements with wholesalers, specialty pharmacies, distributors and other potential channel partners
- Build relationships with the major wholesalers and pharmaceutical retail chains to ensure that they are informed about the company's products and pricing
- Analyze and understand local environment, and align Fagron, Inc. priorities to create Trade customer plans that deliver activities that contribute to the defined business objectives.
- Monitor Trade customers’ adherence to Distribution Services Agreements and take action as appropriate (monitor customer contacts, plan execution, service fees, distribution service value, 852 & 867 data and market share).
- Review and monitor daily Trade Sales to ensure purchases are aligned with demand.
- Review and monitor Trade customer returns to ensure they only occur in accordance with Fagron, Inc. Returns Policy.
- Maintain open communication throughout the organization, especially in regards to cross-region and cross-functional customer efforts.
- Review and analyze contracted Trade customers performance and communicate account performance broadly with key internal stakeholders.
- Exercise sound judgment and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications.
- Adhere to relevant regulatory and compliance guidelines and Company policies.
- Attend/staff/participate in meetings and/or conferences as requested by management.
- Ability to travel approximately 30-50%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and SalesForce.com
Set yourself apart
You possess the following qualifications, background and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of healthcare / pharmaceutical sales experience; existing relationship with pharmaceutical wholesalers and retail chains desired.
- Minimum of 10 years outside sales experience
- Proven success in driving sales through effective account development and implementation
- Experience in establishing high level customer relationships
- Experience in Microsoft Office products and SalesForce.com (or other CRM)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong customer focus (internal and external)
- Good presentation skills
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced highly visible and dynamic environment is critical; ability to work effectively with ambiguity and incomplete information
- Ability to influence and lead across functions
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Must be willing to travel approximately 3-4 days per week
- Valid State Driver’s license with proof of state minimum vehicle insurance
What’s on offer?
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth, which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents. Be part of a collaborative culture that rewards you with competitive compensation, an extensive benefits package and a truly open and dynamic work environment.