About the job
Oversee the material purchasing with the aim of continuously providing the organization with the required raw materials and having the best possible inventory management while guaranteeing the quality within the entire flow, from raw material to product, with the aim of continuously attaining optimal quality.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Coordinate and organize the Purchase department’s various activities.
• Based on the product specifications, request quotes, assess and select suppliers and negotiate the
purchases of goods and services of a strategic nature with the aim of obtaining the best possible
conditions as regards price, payment term, quality and delivery term for the organization.
• Generate orders based on physical inventory counts, associated with PAR levels and lead times, and
review with departmental manager as required
• Regularly assess the current suppliers with the aim of assessing their quality and reliability and
informing management about this.
• Maintain, update or implement the local purchasing strategy.
• Draw up procedures and work instructions for the team with the aim of guaranteeing the
procurement operation’s efficiency.
• Continuously inform oneself about the latest trends in Purchasing and keep one’s knowledge up to
date in function of new developments with the aim of consolidating one’s credibility, by offering a
service which is continuously based on up-to-date knowledge.
• Guarantee the quality within the entire flow, from raw material to product, with the aim of
continuously attaining optimal quality.
• Maintain, update and implement processes with the aim of receiving (national/local) approval for
products and services.
Set yourself apart
You must possess the following qualifications, background and abilities
• Business related degree strongly preferred
• Minimum of three years’ experience in purchasing and supply chain procurement
• ERP experience required; Microsoft Dynamics (NAVISION) preferred
• Advanced Excel skills preferred
• Strong team player with the ability to work in an independent and productive manner
• Ability to research issues and arrive at logical well-documented analysis and conclusions
• Effective verbal and written communicator
What’s on offer?
B&B offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, vision and dental; health savings account (HSA); holiday/paid time off.