About the job
The Category Sourcing Officer is a new role in our organization and therefor requires a strong entrepreneurial skill set and high motivation to support in building a central purchase organization. You will report to the Manager Procurement Europe.
The Procurement team members are based in Europe, South- and North-America and in China. The team is focused on the supply management of Direct- (API’s, Packaging materials) and Indirect spend (EG. Transportation), by leveraging volumes and align portfolio strategies within the company.
The Category Sourcing Officer will be responsible for all sourcing related activities across categories and international businesses.
As a pharmaceutical company, our focus cannot only be price. Quality and availability lives of patients, compliance with global and local pharmaceutical law are as important for Fagron.
What will you do?
- Category management
- Support management in portfolio analysis, leveraging opportunities across international businesses;
- Support in the development and implementation of category strategies that are aligned and designed to support business needs;
- Design and implement sourcing road maps and initiatives, contributing to strong supplier relation ships and creating business innovation;
- Work with key stakeholders and suppliers to identify continuous improvement/ productivity opportunities, develop and present business cases;
- Gather market knowledge for benchmarking and innovation purposes.
- Selection and evaluation of manufacturers and suppliers;
- Negotiate the best conditions for Fagron on price, payment terms and service;
- Drive large and international sourcing projects (tenders) for supplier selection;
- You will be responsible for the administration of all European purchase activities;
- Ensure compliance with local and central requirements (HR, Legal, COC, QA/RA, etc).
- You will report pro-actively and upon request about:
- Progress in projects;
- Sourcing initiatives;
- You can prepare decision making documents based on clear arguments and business cases.
Set yourself apart
- Engaging, high energy level with the ability to develop long-standing internal business partnerships in a fast-paced cross-functional environment;
- Master’s degree in International Business Management or similar;
- 2 years of work experience in a sourcing role in, preferably, a multinational;
- Excellent commercial skills and a natural talent for negotiation;
- Entrepreneurial, analytic, can take initiative and is ambitious;
- Fluent in English.
What’s on offer?
We offer a unique working environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a young, professional and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you a competitive compensation.