About the job
The Production Lead is responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating the production process to meet the demand for the products at Fagron Inc. This position works closely with Production, Quality, Warehouse, Purchasing, and Customer Service to create and maintain a production plan/schedule that ensures customer delivery and quality requirements are achieved.
- Produce production plans, scheduling, initiate work orders, and establish daily priorities to meet customer orders.
- Release production orders to the shop floor, monitor daily production schedules and expedite the flow of materials and orders through the value stream to ensure ship dates are met, including communicating and facilitating issues.
- Assist in maintaining a high standard of quality for the production team including verification of production paperwork, labels, and processes
- Work with cross-functional partners to continuously improve forecast accuracy, planning efficiency, and customer service.
- Monitor and adjust finished good forecasts to meet changing customer needs and ensure MRP drives accurate raw material requirements.
- Analyze safety stocks, manage finished goods inventory and support demand planning
- Provide Supervisor with input concerning employee performance, quality, and workflow issues.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and initiate efforts in order to implement LEAN principles throughout the organization.
- Assist with introducing and maintaining best practices on the production floor including Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Point of Use inventory.
- Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to supervisor/safety committee.
- Provide backup coverage for production supervisor
- Other duties as assigned.
Set yourself apart
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in operations, business management, supply chain, distribution, logistics, materials management, or related field preferred
- Experience in Food or Drug Manufacturing industry
- 2-4 years experience in GMP production environment in a production planning/scheduling, inventory management, or manufacturing role
- Experience and proficiency within MRP/ERP systems and MS-Office applications. Microsoft NAVISION experience a plus.
- APICS Certification a plus
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment, and ensure timely completion of responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Proficient written and verbal communication, team building, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Excel User
What’s on offer?
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth, which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents. Be part of a collaborative culture that rewards you with competitive compensation, an extensive benefits package and a truly open and dynamic work environment.