Performs general laboratory tasks. Prepares chemical reagents needed to perform routine testing on pharmaceutical substances from a variety of clients. Provides assistance with chemical tracking and disposal. Has basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, procedures, and instrumentation used in chemistry laboratory. Will perform non-accredited laboratory tests under supervision. Requires a high school diploma with some college coursework in chemistry or a related field. Ability to use a personal computer required, including familiarity with MS word, Excel, E-mail and general database applications. Relies on instruction and works under immediate supervision. Reports to lab supervisor. Primary job function does not require exercising independent judgment. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
The Lab Technician has the responsibility to:
1. Perform various laboratory functions which may include glassware cleaning, media preparation, and general lab maintenance.
2. Perform various laboratory analysis as specified in Standard Operating Procedures and/or Work Instructions.
3. Enters sample information into data systems (e.g. LIMS) for tracking and assignment purposes.
4. Fill out raw data sheets and build report documents for client purposes.
5. Send client updates on testing and final reports.
As a junior member of the team, the Lab Technician will:
1. Report to the lab director or designee when the director is not available.
2. Provide documentation of lab work performed to be reviewed by senior level management.
3. Deliver compliant laboratory data in accordance with appropriate regulatory, corporate and Tribute Labs procedures.
4. Assist with the sample materials testing program including receipt, testing, and results data management.
Postaraj wyróżnić się na tle innych
You possess the following qualifications, background and abilities:
Experience working within GMP standards is required.
Experience in compounding or pharmaceutical processing is preferred
Experience working and coordinating with analytical testing labs
Technical ability, analytical ability, and decisive judgment
Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
Associates or Bachelor's in Chemistry
Previous liquid chromatography experience preferred
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents.