Fagron is looking for an IT Security Specialist for our Rotterdam office. As an IT security specialist, you help the business forward by making every step as safe as possible. You think along with you, advise and work together with our development teams to guarantee information security at the very beginning of our products.
We are looking for a IT Security Specialist to implement and maintain our security systems. You will be responsible for preventing unauthorized access to our data and responding to privacy breaches.
In this role, you should be knowledgeable about security frameworks and systems. If you’re also a problem solver and quick decision maker, we’d like to meet you. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure is well protected.
It is a new role within the team. We are therefore looking for a real self-starter, who likes to shape this role themselves.
Your key responsibilities:
- Analyse IT specifications to assess security risks
- Design and implement safety measures and data recovery plans
- Install, configure and upgrade security software (e.g. antivirus programs)
- Secure networks through firewalls, password protection and other systems
- Inspect hardware for vulnerable points of access
- Monitor network activity to identify issues early and communicate them to IT teams
- Act on privacy breaches and malware threats
- Serve as a security expert and conduct training when needed
- Draft policies and guidelines
- BSc/BA degree in Computer Science
- 2 years of experience as a IT Security specialist
- Knowledge of ICT, ITIL Security management
- You are proactive, proactive and a strong discussion partner at all levels within the organization;
- You excel in an environment that is characterized by dynamics, rapid changes and continuous improvements
- You are aware of what is going on around information security and can translate these developments into the consequences for our organization
- Familiarity with security frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies
- Knowledge of patch management, firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptographic protocols (e.g. SSL/ TLS)
We offer a unique working environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a young, professional and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you a competitive compensation.