We are seeking a Sourcing Specialist to will help lead the development and execution of a North American procurement strategy, including strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, rapid sourcing/negotiation and risk management. This newly created role will report directly to the VP, Procurement for Fagron North America.
We are looking for a hands-on professional who can engage and lead all levels of the organization as well as dig in and analyze the details of the spend to develop and execute sourcing strategies. Successful candidates will be able to maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, drive sourcing initiatives, streamline processes, and achieve sustainable cost reductions and improvements in quality.
- Lead sourcing projects and negotiation with suppliers to improve cost, service, quality, and inventory.
- Analyze current spend and evaluate current suppliers. Consolidate spend across our supply base to create leverage, analyze purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives. Identify new high potential suppliers on global basis.
- Develop business cases, implement, and manage strategies and plans to support the Strategic Sourcing process for assigned commodities/services in alignment with the business leaders
- Identify and pursue opportunities to lower the total cost of goods and services to enhance total enterprise cost of ownership; provide supply planning and analysis; and conduct supplier performance and relationship management.
- Research and develop a working knowledge of the assigned categories or areas of responsibilities, including how the goods/services are made, any specification requirements, and how the goods/services are used internally.
- Analyzes, documents, and presents complex category and operational/financial data to stakeholders and business leaders
- Coordinates and leads legal review/approval process for procurement/sourcing contracts/agreements.
- Support new supplier qualification, new product development activities, and customer projects as required, to include supplier visits and audits.
- Promote continuous improvement of sourcing processes throughout the organization including development of a competitive bid process.
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned.
You possess the following qualifications, background and abilities:
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Chemistry/Biology, Supply Chain, or Procurement
- 3 or more years of experience in sourcing, procurement, supply chain, and general business
- Strong critical thinking, with analytical and problem solving acumen and ability.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, control and prioritize work/projects.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze, identify and solve problems while using sound judgment
- Advanced Excel and additional analytical software capabilities
- Pharmaceutical or Medical Industry experience is a plus
- MS NAV, AX experience helpful
- Understands and applies total cost of ownership (TCO) principles.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred
- CPM, APICS or other supply chain management certifications preferred.
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth, which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents. Be part of a collaborative culture that rewards you with competitive compensation, an extensive benefits package and a truly open and dynamic work environment.