The Payroll and Benefit Specialist is responsible for correct and timely implementation of payroll and benefit administration
Key Responsibility Areas
- Responsible for the daily management of the payroll administration and the administrative processing of all information relating to the payment of wages to guarantee the correct and timely payment of employees’ wages. Process Bi-Weekly payroll, garnishments and child supports, on-boarding.
- Calculate and monitor wages, holiday pay and other salary components (end of year bonus, illness, occupational accident, insurance, etc.) in order to pay wages and compensation in a correct and timely manner.
- Draw up the monthly payroll and/or other related reports to provide the required information to management, finance, HR, and others as appropriate
- Solve and monitor issues in relation to compensation to provide excellent service to the employees.
- Provide information and answer the questions regarding wages, benefits and other related matters
- Maintain professional knowledge and technical skills
You possess the following qualifications, background and abilities:
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a payroll specialist working in a highly matrixed environment required; experience processing multi-state payrolls strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field degree strongly preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software and databases required; experience with ADP strongly preferred
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload, multi-task, meet deadlines.
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet