As a Global Financial Controller, you are part of the Global Controlling team. The team consists of 9 people based in the Netherlands and Belgium and is responsible for the consolidation and financial reporting of Fagron as well as the overall supervision of treasury and taxes. It closely collaborates with the finance function across the globe, and besides ensuring best in class reporting, it is the initiator of initiatives such as analysis streamlining, harmonization projects or creation of accounting papers.
Working from our office in Rotterdam, your time will be split amongst recurrent activities as described below and participating in global initiatives such as implementing a new consolidation system, deploying a new ERP or supporting acquisitions (M&A).
Your responsibilities are:
- Coordinate all accounting related activities for the Holding company. With the support of three highly qualified finance professionals, the activities range from month end process and statutory reporting to budget preparation and analysis of deviations.
- Manage the group income tax analysis, including tax planning and understanding of the implications in the financial statements
- Collaborate to the preparation of the group financial statements (IFRS)
- Propose new internal controls and optimization of the existing framework, writing and implementing new policies and accounting papers globally
- Contribute to the automation and streamlining of business and financial monthly analysis
- Participate on special projects, such as the integration of new companies and implementation of a new ERP or consolidation software
- A completed master's degree in business economics/finance/accountancy
- 6+ relevant work experience in headquarters and international environment
- Team management experience
- IFRS knowledge and consolidation experience
- Strong tax affinity and experience with tax planning
- You work in a structured and planned way, but you also manage ad hoc questions efficiently through a practical and hands-on attitude.
- Self-starter with excellent strong analytical skills
- Adaptable, flexible and able to succeed in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office, Dynamics365 and consolidation software are a plus
We offer a unique working environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a young, professional and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you a competitive compensation.