We are looking for an experienced, methodical and goal-oriented Production Supervisor with excellent multitasking abilities to oversee our Production Team. This role is responsible for coordinating the operational production process, instructing personnel, and carrying out operation activities to ensure production output meets planned schedules and quality standards. The Production Supervisor will also be responsible for increasing productivity with innovative methods and motivating staff to perform better.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Hire, train, and develop growth opportunities for employees.
- Accomplish manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Evaluate production process and implement changes to improve and increase efficiency.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the production process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Solve operational problems and identify improvement opportunities to attain Quality, Productivity, Delivery and Safety metrics.
- Assist in updating production related SOP & work instructions, provide training to the operators.
- Work with Planning Team to deliver products to the customers on time.
- Maintain professional knowledge and technical skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, operations management or related field required; practical experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- 4+ years in Manufacturing, 2+ years in a supervisory or managerial capacity are required
- Manufacturing experience with cGMP and FDA regulations required, Pharmaceutical or Food industry preferred
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities
- Experience with ERP system required
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
We offer a dynamic environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where individuals need to have strong motivation and ability to work independently. Fagron is a widely expanding, international, professional and ambitious pharmaceutical company with multiple growth opportunities. Job opportunity includes competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and 401(k) retirement plan, performance package, and ability to be part of an international leader in an expanding industry.