We are currently looking for a Head of Procurement. In this position, you will be responsible for Fagron’ s global sourcing efforts and you will work closely with our regional teams in Europe, North America, and South America to lead centralized direct and indirect sourcing and procurement efforts. You will be responsible for the management of key suppliers around the world. And you will have a key role in business development by ensuring that new products for our businesses are available at competitive prices. You will also collaborate with our local companies and their teams around the world to enable them to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives. Quality, speed and cost efficiency are your key drivers. You have a vast experience in sourcing of pharmaceutical raw materials. You are entrepreneurial, convincing and seek cooperation with others to achieve optimal results. You are hands-on and pro-active. You can work from any Fagron location (including China), and frequent traveling will also be part of your job. You will be reporting to the COO.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Developing the global organizational sourcing strategy and plans
• Development of pragmatic plans for step-wise implementation of the procurement strategy
• Liaising and negotiating with key suppliers to deliver efficiencies and new business opportunities
• Ensuring that strategy, processes, and tools are in place and that they are continuously optimized to source at the best possible conditions
• Collaborating with the Global Leadership Team in developing and implementing strategic initiatives
• Expanding and nurturing collaboration with important internal stakeholders, including Manufacturing, Quality, and Sales
• Master's degree in Economics & Business or Supply Chain Management
• Minimum 10+ years of experience in a senior leadership role at a procurement position in the pharmaceutical industry (preferably raw materials). Candidates from a trader are preferred.
• Relying on a strong network of suppliers around the globe • Additional higher education in Purchase (e.g., NEVI3)
• Fluent in English
• Understanding of cGMP and other pharmaceutical quality requirements
• Track record in negotiating and convincing skills in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplined environment
• Cross-functional thinking, understanding business issues, and defining business parameters
• Hands-on, flexible mindset and eager to take up challenges
• Ability to score, to drive results and to take accountability
• Persuasive, able to build positive relationships with ease and influence at all levels
We offer you an exciting position in a successful, international, and fast-growing organization. You will be part of a fresh and motivated team and you will have plenty of room for self-development with enough prospects for professional growth. In addition to the substantive challenges, we offer a competitive salary and excellent secondary conditions.