The Automation Supervisor is a core team member of the Tech Services team that supports manufacturing operations through maintenance activities manufacturing equipment at Fagron Sterile Services facility. This individual will lead and mentor Fagron’s automation engineers, be well versed in automation concepts, possess a strong mechanical aptitude, and will be expected to function as the subject matter expert on the supported equipment.
- Lead automation engineering staff assuring compliance, equipment uptime, and development of staff.
- Responsible for maintenance (planned and unplanned) for equipment supporting manufacturing.
- Work with CMMS documenting tasks and implementing augmentations to existing maintenance activities per cGMP’s.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on automation equipment.
- Assist with installation, start up, qualification, and troubleshooting activities.
- Work with other departments to improve equipment functionality, throughput, and uptime of equipment.
- Interfaces with Operations personnel on issue resolution.
- Educate Operations personnel on proper operation and care of equipment.
- Performing all tasks while following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), manufactures literature, and safety policies.
- Amend existing SOP’s aligning with best practices.
- Interface with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and associated process instrumentation.
- Key contributor during semi-annual shutdowns
- Other projects and duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum five (5) years previous work experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably within ISO qualified environments.
We offer a dynamic environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where individuals need to have strong motivation and ability to work independently. Fagron is a widely expanding, international, professional, and ambitious pharmaceutical company with multiple growth opportunities. Job opportunity includes competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, performance package, and ability to be part of an international leader in an expanding industry.