Director, Specialty Sales & Business Development is responsible for maintaining our culture and implementing sales, marketing, financial and structural strategies while leading a team to expand our customer base and achieve sales goals in the Clinic, Ambulatory Surgery Center and Ophthalmic markets. Our ideal candidates combine excellent communication skills with a strategic mindset. Ultimately, you will ensure that your region meets and exceeds the expectations of our business objectives and contributes to our company’s short and long-term success.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Plan, coordinate and manage the sales activities of the regional team to achieve the sales goals of the Company.
- Train and develop the regional team to understand customer needs, to identify sales opportunities and to effectively represent the Company and its products in the marketplace.
- Manage the performance of the Account Executive sales force to meet individual, department and Company sales goals and objectives including feedback on performance appraisals, recommendations for merit increases, career counseling, etc.
- Identify, recruit and train sales professionals for region team.
- Direct the field implementation of Fagron sales, marketing and national account programs.
- Meet established sales goals and objectives while maintaining sales budget and assist in annual budgeting process.
- Act as a resource for contract negotiation, pricing, proposal, bid preparation, customer service and customer follow-up.
- Assist in the formulation of strategic sales plans and tactics, including annual Territory/Regional Plans and Sales Forecasting
- Assist in the design and implementation of sales force compensation and incentive programs.
- Cross function with Fagron operations, quality, supply chain, etc.as necessary to produce cohesive efforts to accomplish company goals.
- Monitor market, customer and competitor trends and advise management on methods to improve company competitiveness.
- Provide regular sales reports, forecasts and communication with Fagron leadership.
- Maintain a superior level of knowledge of the applications and technologies related to Fagron products to assure accurate representation to the marketplace.
- Assist sales team and personally lead establishing, grow and maintain the business and client relationship with key accounts in the Specialty markets.
- Support sales management peers through active sharing of ideas, techniques and approaches.
- Manages performance of staff towards department and Company goals, including feedback on performance, appraisals, recommendations for merit increases or necessary disciplinary actions, communication to employees on performance, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a highly supportive culture focused on our Purpose, Values and Family Rules
- Ensure the delivery of targets through coaching, individual recognition, performance review, people management and reward
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of the company’s relationship with them
- Recommend service and product enhancement to improve the sales potential and customer satisfaction
- Develop field sales action plans to facilitate the implementation of the regional sales programs
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge by reviewing professional publications, participating in professional societies, and establishing personal networks
- Plan for the achievement of individual and region targets in alignment with the strategies and policies of the company
- Establish sales objectives by projecting expected sales volume and forecasting.
- Keep current with economic indicators, changing trends, supply and demand and competitors to maintain sales volume and product mix.
- Provide the necessary support to account managers to enable them to create a robust pipeline and close deals
- Develop and implement new programs, sales initiatives, and strategic strategies to capture key demographics
- Maintain documentation of customer interactions and data related to team activities with customers and their territory
- Support cross-selling programs and campaigns
- Ensure the effectiveness of cross-selling activities by guiding employees
- Develop and review long- and short-term region sales strategies
- Develop and maintain relationships among internal resources
- Participate in interviews and the processes of recruiting new employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including exhibiting competency in presentation skill
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- High sense of urgency, proactive, positive, outgoing, competitive, resilient, passionate, and flexible
- Results-oriented and self-motivated
Willing to travel
Clinic, Ambulatory Surgery Center and Ophthalmic experience
We believe in our people and foster a supportive environment that develops and rewards performance and incentivizes long-term career success. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Generous Paid Time Off and Rollover
- Company matching 401K and Retirement Savings Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working arrangements
Fagron North America is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. Fagron North America is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.