Über die Tätigkeit
The Regional Director of Pharmaceutical Sales for the Western Region will provide motivational and strategic leadership to a group of Account Managers (AM’s) Western area of the U.S. Responsibilities include developing, executing and following up on sales plans within a given area with a view to achieving the agreed sales objectives within that area.
- Support the company’s strategy, sales objectives and agreed upon tactics to help achieve the desired revenue and margin goals of the business.
- Translate the agreed sales objective for one’s area into clearly defined objectives for the team with the aim of achieving one’s own budget responsibilities and thus contributing to the realization of the organization’s turnover.
- Liaison between Sales & National Accounts leadership and the AM’s to ensure consistent price quotes in support of the company’s overall pricing strategy.
- Provide leadership role in generating and managing all aspects of the sales process within targeted health systems and Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN’s); Support the regular use of company’s chosen CRM for capturing key account and opportunity data.
- Provide timely forecasting of sales goals per sales leadership directive.
- Conduct weekly sales team discussions as a platform for honing tactics, sharing best demonstrated practices, updating on product/ business developments, and maintaining a positive culture of success.
- Motivating one’s employees with the aim of making optimum use of and developing their capabilities, skills and business acumen.
- Actively participate in exhibitions and professional meetings that offer opportunities to showcase company products/ services and network with potential decision makers.
- Mapping market developments, campaigns and the market position of the competition based on strong consultations with one’s employees, through one’s direct contacts with customers and opinion leaders and/or based on market research with a view to responding to commercial opportunities and adopting a strong position vis-à-vis the competition.
- Continuously informing oneself about the latest trends, competitive intel and strong industry knowledge, to provide valued insights into strategy development and refinement.
- Review and approve AM expense reports in a timely fashion, per the directive of leadership.
- Complete company required employee evaluation activities within requested timelines.
- Support the Vice President of Sales in all aspects of hiring and managing the AM’s.
- Participation in the development and implementation of strategy on a geographic or product basis.
- Experience building and leading high-performance teams
- Minimum of 5 years of medical product/ service sales experience
- Minimum of 2 years of medical product/ service sales management experience or recognized management training program
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Call point history should include Acute (hospital and ASC) Care Pharmacy, OR, Supply Chain; additional experience with calling on Health System/ IDN leadership preferred
- Working knowledge of 503b and Compounding Pharmacy space preferred
- Proficient with Sales Force Dot Com, Word, Excel
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the business week
The successful candidate will be located within the western region of the United States, and familiar with hospitals, surgery centers, and clinics located within the region of eastern Chicago to California.
The successful candidate will have experience leading a sales team.