Über die Tätigkeit
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to join our team in Austin!
The Accounting Manager position supports the Controller in all accounting functions and works with plant operations manager and financial management to effectively manage and control accounting operations of the manufacturing facility. This position leads the financial staff of the entities and is accountable for plant-level responsibilities including general accounting, payables, accounts receivable, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, financial reporting, sales management, and daily computer operations. Will also liaison with corporate financial staff, as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Controller in the monthly and annual financial closing processes.
- Prepare general ledger journal entries in adherence with GAAP / IFRS.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of various Balance Sheet and P&L accounts.
- Reconcile all inter-company accounts monthly
- Review and approve for payment all employee expense reimbursement forms.
- Review and approve AP disbursements and ACH transactions on a daily / weekly basis.
- Provide support to accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Analyze and interpret financial information to support budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Prepare and analyze audit schedules in support of external audits.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensure accuracy of physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly.
- Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Document and understand ERP/MRP systems, hardware, and reporting conventions.
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
- Analyze internal controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded and results are accurately reported.
- Assure adherence to GAAP, IFRS and government regulations. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management.
- Assist in the completion of special projects.
You possess the following qualifications, background and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or a similar area of study. CPA preferred
- Must have 5-7 years experience as a plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Excellent analytical, communication, and planning skills needed
- Good time management and organizational skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience working with an ERP/MRP required, MS Dynamic Navision experience strongly preferred
Experience working in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry preferred
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents.