Über die Tätigkeit
We are currently looking for a Global Procurement Director Pharma. In this position, you will be responsible for Fagron’s global sourcing efforts and you will work closely with our regional teams in Europe, North America and South America to lead centralized direct and indirect sourcing and procurement efforts.
You will be responsible for the management of key suppliers around the world (with a focus on China and India). And you will have a key role in business development by identifying new products for our businesses. You will also collaborate with our local companies and their teams around the world to enable them to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives.
You have a vast experience in sourcing of pharmaceutical raw materials. You are entrepreneurial, convincing and seek cooperation with others to achieve optimal results. You are hands-on and pro-active. You can work from any Fagron location (including China) and frequent traveling will also be part of your job. You will be part of the senior leadership team.
Your main tasks are:
- Developing the global organizational sourcing strategy and plans
- Liaising and negotiating with key suppliers and searching for new business opportunities
- Ensuring that strategy, processes, and tools are in place and that they are continuously optimized to source at the best possible conditions
- Collaborating with the Global Leadership Team in developing and implementing strategic initiatives
- Expanding and nurturing collaboration with important internal stakeholders, including Manufacturing, Quality, and Sales
- Master’s degree in Economics & Business or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in a senior leadership role at a supply chain or procurement position in the pharmaceutical industry (preferably raw materials)
- Relying on a strong network of suppliers around the globe
- Additional higher education in Purchase (e.g. NEVI3) and/or Supply Chain (e.g. APICS)
- Fluent in English
- Understanding of cGMP and other pharmaceutical quality requirements
- Track record in negotiating and convincing skills in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplined environment
- Cross-functional thinking, understanding business issues, and defining business parameters
- Hands-on, flexible mindset and eager to take up challenges
- Ability to score, to drive results and to take accountability
- Persuasive, able to build positive relationships with ease and influence at all levels
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages is a plus
We offer you an exciting position in a successful, international and fast-growing organization. You will be part of a fresh and motivated team and you will have plenty of room for self-development with enough prospects for professional growth. In addition to the substantive challenges, we offer a competitive salary and excellent secondary conditions.