Über die Tätigkeit
Fagron is the global market leader in pharmaceutical medicine, and its products are sold to more than 200,000 customers in over 60 countries.
The goal of Fagron is: “Together we create the future of the personalized medicine”. Fagron, together with prescribers, pharmacists, and customers, strives to improve medications and help the patient.
From our position as market leader, we act locally and think internationally. We are constantly looking for the best people to build eleven leadership positions.
To accelerate our growth strategy, we are continuously looking for talented professionals. We are currently recruiting a: Junior Global Category Manager logistics & indirect materials
The Junior Global Category Manager logistics & indirect materials will work from our office in Rotterdam, The Netherlands and will report to the Global Procurement Director. He/ she will be part of The Global Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) team to support our global strategy in the EMEA region. This new role in EMEA requires strong collaboration with other Procurement team members based in LATAM, and North America. The challenge is to rapidly execute a number of category strategies such as logistics, IT & Marketing to support Fagron’s strategy.
As a pharmaceutical company, our focus cannot only be price. Quality and availability, lives of patients are at stake, are as important for Fagron.
What will you do?
- Create and implement several category strategies for logistics and indirect materials
- Be a logistics champion and optimize the category to leverage current logistic spend from supplier to Fagron but also from Fagron to final customers
- Optimize and negotiate IT contracts and support the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the data governance from procurement perspective
- Lead the selection of the procurement digital solution
- Create and implement the digital & marketing category strategies
- Maintain continuous in-depth knowledge of market conditions, industry trends, and developing new technologies
- Lead and evaluate RFI/RFP, and provide bid award recommendation for approval
- Execute successful supplier transition aligned with global stakeholders and sponsors
- You are able of building relationships with key manufacturers and suppliers, making sure that we get the most beneficial conditions
- Develop and implement strategies to mitigate supply risk
- You are sourcing, selecting, and evaluating new and potential manufacturers, agents and suppliers globally.
- You negotiate the best conditions for Fagron on price, payment terms and service and deliver at least 3% YoY savings
- You discuss your performance and initiatives with Global Procurement, Manufacturing Sites and Management
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement & supply chain or other related degrees in pharmaceuticals or chemistry
- CIPS, APICS or CPSM highly desirable
- Other certifications such as Project Management (Prince2 or PMP) or Lean Six Sigma / Black Belt are considered a plus
Desired Skills and behavior’s:
- Interpersonal skills and creativity
- Project Management and Lean/ Agile mindset
- Customer oriented and “action+ solution” oriented
- Excellent commercial skills and a natural talent for negotiation
- Analytical competency to review large amount of data and summarize to leadership team
- Knowledge on logistics operations of highly regulated materials
- Understand GMP
- 3+ years of work experience in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry
- 3+ years of category sourcing management
- Fluent in English. Other European languages are considered an advantage such as Italian, Greek, Croatian, Polish, Dutch and Spanish.
- You can handle stress, deadlines and pressure
- Core values: decisive, pro-active, communicative and flexible
- Willing to be hands-on and build together the Global Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) structure
We offer a unique working environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a young, professional, and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you a competitive compensation.