Sobre el puesto
To accelerate our growth strategy, we are continuously looking for talented professionals. For our Rotterdam office, we are looking for a Global Category Manager direct materials EMEA.
The Global Category Manager direct materials EMEA will report to the Global Procurement Director. He/ she will be part of The Global Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) team to support our global strategy in the region. This new role in EMEA requires strong collaboration with other Procurement team members based in LATAM and North America. The team is focused on the supply management of the key raw materials for the compounding market in Europe, by combining volumes for the other two main markets, Brazil, and the USA.
As a pharmaceutical company, our focus cannot only be price. Quality and availability, are as important for Fagron because the lives of patients are at stake.
What will you do?
- Develop and execute fully integrated category strategy plans that meet organizational objectives
- Maintain continuous in-depth knowledge of market conditions, industry trends, and developing new technologies
- Lead and evaluate RFI/RFP, and provide bid award recommendation for approval
- Execute successful supplier transition aligned with global stakeholders and sponsors
- Ensure short-term and long-term improvement in quality, cost, and availability of materials
- You are able to build relationships with key manufacturers and suppliers, making sure that we get the best quality against the most beneficial conditions
- You are responsible for the category strategy implementation globally
- Develop and implement strategies to mitigate supply risk
- You are sourcing, selecting, and evaluating new and potential manufacturers, agents, and suppliers globally
- Familiar with the sourcing of API’s, excipients, raw materials, cosmetics, packaging materials, essential oils, extracts, and other materials
- You negotiate the best conditions for Fagron on price, payment terms, and service
- You discuss your performance and initiatives with Global Procurement, Manufacturing Sites, and Management
- You will work closely with our quality departments because they set the requirements of the products you will buy
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
Destáquese del resto
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement & supply chain or other related degrees in pharmaceuticals or chemistry
- CIPS or CPSM highly desirable
- Other certifications such as Project Management (Prince2 or PMP) or Lean Six Sigma / Black Belt are considered a plus
Desired Skills and behaviors:
- Interpersonal skills and creativity
- Project Management and Lean/ Agile mindset
- Customer-oriented and “action + solution” oriented
- Excellent commercial skills and a natural talent for negotiation
- Analytical competency to review a large amount of data and summarize to the leadership team
- Knowledge of logistics operations of highly regulated materials
- Understand GMP
- 7+ years of work experience in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry
- 7+ years of category sourcing management
- Fluent in English. Other European languages are considered an advantage
- You can handle stress, deadlines, and pressure
- Core soft skills: decisive, pro-active, communicative, and flexible
- Willing to be hands-on and build together the Global Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) structure
We offer a unique working environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a young, professional and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you a competitive compensation.