Sobre el puesto
The Global Category Manager Packaging Materials will work from our office in Rotterdam and will report to the Global Procurement Director. He/ she will be part of The Global Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) team to support our global strategy in the EMEA region. This new role in EMEA requires strong collaboration with other Procurement team members based in LATAM and North America. The challenge is to rapidly execute a category strategy to support Fagron’s strategy by combining volume from different regions such as Brazil and USA.
As a pharmaceutical company, our focus cannot only be price. Quality and availability, lives of patients are at stake, are as important for Fagron.
What will you do?
- Create and implement a category strategy for packaging materials (Glass, plastic, tools, metal/aluminum, rubber and other subcategories) for both sterile and non-sterile materials
- Develop and execute fully integrated category strategy plans that meet organizational objectives and in specific the ESG goals.
- Maintain continuous in-depth knowledge of market conditions, industry trends, and developing new technologies
- Lead and evaluate RFI/RFP, and provide bid award recommendations for approval
- Execute successful supplier transition aligned with global stakeholders and sponsors
- Ensure short-term and long-term improvement in quality, cost and availability of materials
- You are able of building relationships with key manufacturers and suppliers, making sure that we get the best quality against the most beneficial conditions
- You are responsible for the category strategy implementation globally
- Develop and implement strategies to mitigate supply risk
- You are sourcing, selecting, and evaluating new and potential manufacturers, agents and suppliers globally.
- You negotiate the best conditions for Fagron on price, payment terms and service and deliver at least 3% YoY savings
- You discuss your performance and initiatives with Global Procurement, Manufacturing Sites and Management
- You will work closely with our quality department, because they set the requirements of the products you will buy
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
Destáquese del resto
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement & supply chain or other related degrees in pharmaceuticals or chemistry
- CIPS, APICS or CPSM highly desirable
- Other certifications such as Project Management (Prince2 or PMP) or Lean Six Sigma / Black Belt are considered a plus
Desired skills and behavior’s:
- Interpersonal skills and creativity
- Project Management and Lean/ Agile mindset
- Customer-oriented and “action+ solution” oriented
- Excellent commercial skills and a natural talent for negotiation
- Analytical competency to review large amount of data and summarize to leadership team
- Knowledge on logistics operations of highly regulated materials
- Understand GMP
- 5+ years of work experience in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry
- 5+ years of category sourcing management
- Fluent in English. Other European languages are considered an advantage such as Italian, Greek, Croatian, Polish, Dutch and Spanish.
- You can handle stress, deadlines and pressure
- Core values: decisive, pro-active, communicative and flexible
- Willing to be hands-on and build together the Global Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) structure
We offer a unique working environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a young, professional and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you competitive compensation.