Sobre el puesto
We are hiring for an On-site IT Support Agent in our Wichita, Kansas office to resolve user issues, collaborate with others to resolve problems, and provide exceptional, white glove service to our internal customers (employees). The ideal candidate will be able to provide in-person end user support services at our Wichita site at any organizational level including executive. Supported services include break/fix remediation, installation, move, add, & change on a variety of end user hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and ticketing system requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
• Interview customers to collect information about problem and leads them through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
• Determines whether problems are caused by hardware and/or software.
• Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for routine customer problems, referring more complex problems via established escalation paths. • Logs and tracks time and steps taken using problem management database and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
• Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident/change reports and presents this information in a weekly meeting to leadership.
• Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to improve personal and department KPIs.
• May consult with developers or external suppliers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs.
• Contacts via phone, email, text or instant messenger service software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
• Tests software and hardware for all new employees to ensure expected performance and quality.
• Writes software and hardware evaluation and recommendation for management review.
• Installs personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Destáquese del resto
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; at least one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, or leaders of the organization.
• MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents. Fagron offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, vision and dental; health savings account (HSA); holiday/paid time off.