À propos du poste
To accelerate our growth strategy, we are continuously looking for talented professionals. We are currently recruiting a:
Procurement Manager direct materials Asia Pacific
The Procurement Manager Asia Pacific will work from home or from our office in Shanghai and will report to the Global Procurement Director. He/ she will be part of The Global Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) team to support our global strategy in the region. This new role in China requires strong collaboration with other Procurement team members based in Europe, South- and North America and its part of the global procurement leadership team. The team is focused on the supply management of the key raw materials for the compounding market in Europe, by combining volumes for the other two main markets; Brazil and the USA.
As a pharmaceutical company, our focus cannot only be price. Quality and availability, lives of patients are at stake, are as important for Fagron.
What will you do?
- You are able to build relationships with key manufacturers and suppliers, making sure that we get the best quality against the most beneficial conditions
- You are responsible for the purchase of pharmaceutical raw materials for Fagron in the Asia-Pacific region.
- You are sourcing, selecting, and evaluating new and potential manufacturers, agents, and suppliers
- Familiar with the sourcing of API’s, excipients, raw materials, cosmetics, essential oils, extracts, and other materials.
- You negotiate the best conditions for Fagron on price, payment terms, and service
- You discuss your performance and initiatives with Global Procurement, Manufacturing Sites, and Management
- You will work closely with our quality department because they set the requirements of the products you will buy
- You collect market intelligence to introduce intercompany betterment
- You are responsible for the administration of all Asian Pacific purchase activities.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement & supply chain or other related degrees in pharmaceuticals or chemistry
- CIPS or CPSM highly desirable
- Other certifications such as Project Management (Prince2 or PMP) or Lean Six Sigma / Black Belt are considered a plus
Desired skills and behaviors:
- Interpersonal skills and creativity
- Project Management and Lean/ Agile mindset
- Customer-oriented and “action+ solution” oriented
- Excellent commercial skills and a natural talent for negotiation
- Experience in people management
- Analytical competency to review a large amount of data and summarize to the leadership team
- Knowledge of logistics operations in China and incoterms
- 7+ years of work experience in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry
- Fluent in English and Chinese. Other European languages are considered an advantage
- You can handle stress, deadlines, and pressure
- Core values: decisive, pro-active, communicative, and flexible
- Willing to be hands-on and build together the Global Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) structure
We offer a unique working environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a young, professional and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you a competitive compensation.