Σχετικά με την εργασία
The Sourcing Manager position is responsible for developing and executing strategies to ensure optimum sourcing of the right product at the right time for the right price. The successful candidate will be able to appraise and improve our sourcing activities by analyzing the company’s spending, supplying partnerships and new possibilities. This role analyzes and calculates procurement costs based on global category management strategies and the consolidated forecast provided by demand planning. This role supports future growth and global expansion of the company’s portfolio and ensures that external supplier capabilities and capacity meet Fagron’s business needs.
To be successful as a strategic sourcing manager, you need to have a solid understanding of negotiation methods as well as substantial experience in a similar capacity. A skilled strategic sourcing manager will be able to transform their knowledge into improved profit margins and a competitive advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Negotiate best prices and conditions with assigned suppliers & CMO to help ensure the realization of cost savings objectives.
- Negotiate reasonable and cost-effective contracts
- Identify qualified suppliers to meet the business requirements which are the highest level of quality, assurance of consistent supply and competitive pricing.
- Arrange alternative sources to ensure security of supply by monitoring the external environment together with category management.
- Collaborate with category managers to identify and act upon opportunities to harmonize global spend and leverage volume for optimum pricing
- Proactively manage and develop supplier relationships in collaboration with category management. Take leadership in periodic business reviews with suppliers and stakeholders and being the single point of commercial contact for selected suppliers. Manage supplier relationships, performance metrics, business reviews
- Serve as primary contact for communication and resolution of supply chain, quality, and technical issues. Take the lead to solve price/quality/condition discrepancies reported by the company.
- Act as sourcing business partner to internal stakeholders by leading the supplier selection for new product development and by providing expert knowledge on approaching suppliers.
- Continuously inform oneself about the latest trends in Sourcing and keep one’s knowledge up to date in function of new developments with the aim of consolidating one’s credibility by offering a service which is continuously based on up-to-date knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned
Ξεχωρίστε από το πλήθος
- Proactive mindset
- Ability to lead, motivate, and engage others to ensure timely delivery of product
- Strong knowledge of relevant topics within QA, QC, Manufacturing, and Supply as required to efficiently lead cross-functional teams
- Comfortable with negotiation and dealing with different stakeholder levels
- A quick learner and team player, exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Discipline to follow policies, processes, and procedures
- Capability to communicate with different stakeholder levels
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Management or Industrial Engineer discipline from an accredited college or university.
- At least 8 years of related experience
- SRM and CMO management experience.
- User-level knowledge of major ERP/MRP systems (ARIBA, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- CPIM and/or APICS certification is a plus
- Good understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing with knowledge of engineering and pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and industry standards, and planning practices required to manage detailed scheduling and planning data (preferred)
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents. Fagron offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, vision and dental; health savings account (HSA); holiday/paid time off.
Now let's not forget our office!
We are located a beautiful high-rise in the heart of downtown Austin that is very easy to access. Once you arrive at the 12th floor, you will be greeted by our bright and beautiful space with fantastic downtown views everywhere. You will love the friendly and energetic atmosphere of our office, along with the great perks we all enjoy immensely. Things like - free garage parking in our building that is safe and secure. Fresh Starbucks coffee delivered daily, delicious catered lunches daily, and refrigerators stocked with all sorts of tasty cold drinks from which to choose!