About the job
We are seeking a highly motivated Project Manager who is interested in joining our fast-paced, dynamic startup environment. The operational integration of new & existing products and automating process into our state of the art, aseptic facility requires: speed of execution, innovation and entrepreneurship while focusing on core quality & safety competencies. The Tech-Ops Project Manager is responsible for the overall project management function for the two Wichita facilities, providing leadership, coordination and management of the critical projects from a design, implementation, delivery & qualification perspective.
• Utilizing principals of continuous process; identify and evaluate opportunities to improve key
performance indicators in the production environment such as, but not limited to: batch yield,
process cycle times, financial standards, waste & fall-off scrap, and repeat deviations.
• Lead client kick off meetings, project close out meetings and facilitate project meetings throughout
the execution phase of projects.
• Establishes budget baseline and initiates project financial tracking. Monitors the project budget and
maintains all milestones in alignment with site Project Review Board so that appropriate invoicing
and revenue recognition can be accomplished in a timely manner.
• Establish full project plans, including timeline, critical path assessment, risk assessment, contingency
planning, mitigation planning, communication planning, contact listing, and confirm scope capture
during planning phase of a project.
• Controls and monitors project progress to ensure that milestones are accomplished on time and
escalated as needed.
• Evaluates and adds details to project plan initiated during the proposal in conjunction with all
participating departments for confirmation at the initiation of the project. Any changes or additions to
the schedule will be first verified against the master schedule and then agreed upon with the client.
• Work closely with site Operations, Validation and Quality management to manage and prioritize the
production schedule as it relates to Fagron’s deliverables and deadlines. Candidate with
commissioning, qualification, and validation experiences preferred.
Set yourself apart
Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university (a degree in life sciences, engineering or
medically related field is preferred), Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
• Minimum 5 years project management experience with 3+ year’s relevant experience in
biotechnology, life sciences, pharmaceutical or medically related field
• Experience in working in a cGMP environment, with FDA & State Board of Pharmacy experience is
• Demonstrated experience in complex strategic planning, project execution, and resource
management for a global organization is desirable.
• Experience in successfully coordinating across several complex functions to ensure comprehensive
and consistent planning.
• Proficiency in project management principles, practices, and tools such as MS Project (Gantt charts) is
• Experience with the preparation of reports and/or presentations/communications via presentation
tools such as PowerPoint, project dashboards and written reports.
• Strong business acumen.
• Relevant IT skills (able to work with Visio, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Excel).
• Ability to think strategically and tactically (detail-oriented).
• Strong collaborative and influencing skills, and ability to work well in a cross-functional, matrixed
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Meeting management / facilitation skills / teamwork and team building skills.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
• Flexible and able to adapt to company growth and evolving responsibilities.
What’s on offer?
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents.