About the job
The Director of Pharmacy will work closely with the President of Fagron Sterile Services to develop products and achieve Fagron's goal of growth in the Acute Care space. The Pharmacy Director will develop and execute a clearly defined 503B product and business development strategy to support consistent growth within the acute care market. The Director of Pharmacy: Acute Care Business Development will innovate, and bring to market new products that meet or exceed company growth targets, profitability, as well as strategic and operational goals. The successful candidate will have experience working as a hospital pharmacist. Experience managing a clean room is preferred.
- Understand, anticipate and respond to acute care 503B market needs:
- Obtain and evaluate available data sources, market research, and other intel;
- Identify industry and competitive trends that could influence company strategy and investments;
- Analyze strengths and gaps in the offerings of key competitors;
- Seek input from industry leaders, key decision makers, GPOs, suppliers and other KOL’s to assess market needs;
- Participate in key industry groups to stay abreast of changing market conditions;
- Utilize network of personal business contacts to the company’s benefit;
- Develop and execute Product and Business Development strategies for all products and services targeted to hospital/health system and surgery center facilities.
- Identify and develop products and product platforms that fulfill untapped market needs.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on go-to-market initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to prioritize and develop compelling strategies and initiatives relating to product and business development for the acute care market.
- Serve as a key advisor to the Senior Management Team in the strategic planning process to guide future acute care product and business development efforts.
- Demonstrate company’s core values and perform related company tasks.
Set yourself apart
- A Pharmacist degree or related clinical degree strongly preferred
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Business, Marketing, or related field with an MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Public Speaking skills
- Strong analytical and planning skills, including the understanding of statistical trends is required
- Proficient at Word, Excel, and Power Point
- 10+ years of experience as a hospital or health system pharmacist (or similar clinician) with clinical knowledge relating to how 503B products can best be positioned to add value to acute care customers.
- Experience in sterile product compounding and/or the 503B industry required.
- Demonstrated competency to lead and influence others toward accomplishing objectives.
- Additional experience relating to sales, marketing, and/or new business or product development within the acute care market space (hospitals and/or heath systems) would be a plus.
- The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated success in project management and leading cross-functional teams and initiatives.