About the job
The Credit and Collection Specialist is responsible for the timely collection of accounts receivable and proper application of cash receipts. This will be a part time position.
- Outbound phone calls to follow up on outstanding amounts
- Problem resolution for disputes
- Statement preparation for special accounts
- Identifying credit risk situations and taking appropriate action to close
- Approving credit applications for new customers
- Responding to requests for invoice copies, delivery receipts, etc.
- Working with corporate offices for customers to understand invoice
- Delivery, approval, and payment processes and ensures that our processes follow theirs for efficient handling of receivables.
- Working with Sales leadership and field sales individuals to ensure that customer relationships are protected while collection activities progress.
- Works with collection agency to turn over account collections after all internal efforts are exhausted.
- Applying for, monitoring and following up on government / tax incentive opportunities for the Wichita sites.
- Business Development opportunities
- Training and Development opportunities
- Other local and state incentives
- Leverages contacts within the local and state regulatory agencies to gain knowledge of and optimize business incentive opportunities
Set yourself apart
Set Yourself Apart: Profile/Experiences
- High School Diploma, preferred BS/BA in Accounting/Finance field
- Minimum 2 years performing collection account activities
- Experience in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working in a cross-functional position
- Ability to work a flexible schedule – as business demands change – is required.