About the job
Fagron Sterile Services located in Wichita, KS is looking for an experienced Health System Pharmacist (or related clinician) to join our team and lead our 503B acute care product portfolio development and product management. This will be an individual who will:
- Develop and execute a clearly defined 503B product development and management strategy to support consistent growth within the acute care market.
- Innovate and bring to market new products that meet or exceed company growth targets, profitability, as well as strategic and operational goals.
- Manage existing products and product portfolios including but not limited to marketing enhancements, labeling and packaging improvements, use of RFID tagging, product registration with various compendia and/or payers, and other efforts targeted to improve current products.
- Lead product management efforts for entire acute care portfolio.
- Understand, anticipate and respond to acute care 503B market needs:
- Obtain and evaluate available data sources, market research, and other intel;
- Identify industry and competitive trends that could influence company strategy and investments;
- Analyze strengths and gaps in the offerings of key competitors;
- Seek input from industry leaders, key decision makers, GPOs, suppliers and other KOL’s to assess market needs;
- Participate in key industry groups to stay abreast of changing market conditions;
- Utilize network of personal business contacts to the company’s benefit;
- Develop and execute product development and management strategies for all products and services targeted to hospital/health system and surgery center facilities.
- Identify and develop products and product platforms that fulfill untapped market needs.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on go-to-market initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to prioritize and develop compelling strategies and initiatives relating to product development and management for the acute care market.
- Serve as a key advisor to the Senior Management Team in the strategic planning process to guide future acute care product and business development efforts.
- Demonstrate company’s core values and perform related company tasks.
Set yourself apart
- 3-5+ years of experience as a hospital or health system pharmacist (or similar clinician) with clinical knowledge relating to how 503B products can best be positioned to add value to acute care customers.
- Experience in sterile product compounding and/or the 503B industry required.
- Demonstrated competency to lead and influence others toward accomplishing objectives.
- 2-4 years product management or professional services experience preferred.
- Additional experience relating to sales, marketing, and/or new business or product development within the acute care market space (hospitals and/or heath systems) would be a plus.
- The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated success in project management and leading cross-functional teams and initiatives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Pharmacist degree or related clinical degree strongly preferred. An undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Business, Marketing or related field with an MBA or advanced degree would be considered a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Public speaking skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Strong analytical and planning skills including the understanding of statistical trends required.
TECHNOLOGY SKILLS: Proficient at Word, Excel, PowerPoint.