About the job
For our management team in South Africa, we are looking for a Business Development Manager (Genomics, Brands and Lab). This is a new role in our organization in which you will be fully responsible for the strategies and sales of our Brands, Genomics and Lab.
The successful candidate should be able to think outside the box and put forward new ideas. They should be a specialist in their field and should be constantly up to date with the latest trends and developments in the market. The successful candidate should preferable already have a network within the healthcare / pharmaceutical / medical device sector.
Contributing to the growth of the market and guaranteeing an optimal service to the customer through the optimal use of people, money and time with the aim of realizing the results of the organization.
Your main tasks are:
- Translate the predetermined sales objectives into a clear sales strategy and clearly defined objectives for the team with the aim of realizing the team result
- Maintaining frequent contacts with strategically important (potential) customers, including hospitals (specialists), wholesalers, chains & key accounts (doctors and pharmacists), with the aim of controlling and expanding the network of existing and new relationships and realizing turnover
- Keep track of sales reports, statistics, market and price research. Ensuring consistent pricing, monitoring the team's results and making adjustments where necessary (co-visits, training, etc.) with the aim of achieving the predetermined sales results
- Clear priorities within the Sales and Customer Service departments and follow up on time, costs and resources of the activities with the aim of realizing the objectives of the organization;
- To visit our relations independently and to enthuse, inform and advise them about our products;
- Coaching and developing his / her employees with the aim of optimally utilizing and developing the competences, skills and know-how and to work as a well-functioning team.
- Coordinating customer requirements towards the internal organization so that service can be provided quickly and accurately • Senior Management Team Member.
Set yourself apart
You have the following qualifications, experience and capabilities:
- You have a Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent, Pharma and or Medical Device background is an advantage
- Extensive sales / commercial experience in hospitals, pharmaceutical industry, general healthcare industry, specialists and / or pharmacies
- You are an expert discussion partner and your customers experience you as a valuable business partner
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on, pragmatic and result oriented.
- You have built up solid experience in managing a sales department and / or multiple departments
- You are enthusiastic, driven and know how to tackle things. You do not shy away from a challenge
- You feel good in a sales and production driven organization.
What’s on offer?
A dynamic position in a successful, international and fast-growing organization. You will join an energetic and motivated team and you will have plenty of room for self-development with sufficient perspectives for personal growth. In addition to the substantive challenges, we offer a competitive salary.