About the job
Facilities & Utilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring that the facility is maintained in a good state of repair, compliant with cGMP’s, OSHA requirements, & all other applicable regulatory agencies. This includes repair and maintained facility and associated infrastructure (HVAC, heating hot water boilers, pumps, humidifiers, vacuum, basic plumbing, RO & DI water systems, oil free compressed air, chambers (incubators, refrigerators, freezers), lighting, drywall, and building management system).
- Repairs and maintain plant equipment and building infrastructure per manufacture specifications, SOP’s incompliance with cGMP’s
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make appropriate adjustments
- Ensure facility and equipment are kept clean, in a safe, and serviceable condition
- Interface and augment Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Maintain spare parts inventory, order, and restock as required
- Partners with Quality and follows the necessary procedures (change controls, work orders, investigation, etc.) associated with building equipment and infrastructure
- Understands and monitors Building Management System (BMS) and coordination with Environmental Monitoring on temperature, relative humidity, and pressures issues.
- Communicates with internal departments, customers, and vendors on status of work and issues effecting services
- Coordinate tasks and scheduling with vendor resources
- Facilitate office and small equipment moves
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Set yourself apart
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Three (3) years working experience in facility and or utility maintenance
- Mechanical aptitude with background in maintenance, HVAC, and plumbing
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry
- Comprehension of drawings and specifications
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Must be customer service oriented
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; anything over 50 pounds will require a team lift
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
What’s on offer?
We offer a dynamic environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where individuals need to have strong motivation and ability to work independently. Fagron is a widely expanding, international, professional and ambitious pharmaceutical company with multiple growth opportunities. Job opportunity includes competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, performance package, and ability to be part of an international leader in an expanding industry.