About the job
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing all supply chain related activities involving the procurement of supplies, commodities and equipment, purchased services, production planning, inventory management, supplier credentialing and relationships, new product introductions and technology transfers and capital acquisitions for both of Fagron Sterile Service’s aseptic facilities in Wichita.
- Strong project management, time management, analytic and related leadership skills.
- Experience with automated Materials Management information systems and related technologies; handheld scanners, electronic commerce, etc.
- Possess highly developed interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of people including employees, hospital department leaders, physicians, administration, vendors, and management.
- Demonstrated commitment to superior customer service.
- Direct, define and monitor the activities of all functions involved in the procurement and acquisition processes to bring about effective and leading services.
- Control of Materials - Ensures the purchasing, planning, warehousing and control of materials from the receipt of forecasted replenishment needs to the delivery of the product into inventory and subsequent delivery to proper locations.
- Inventory Management - Ensure effective inventory management and establishes controls to ensure the Fagron Sterile Services Sites are operating at the highest level.
- Establishes key performance indicators and metrics across all areas of the Supply Chain life cycle to minimize risk and track performance.
- Develop services, strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class Supply Chain team.
- Builds and manages a high performing, highly skilled team. Leads and coaches others in maintaining excellence on quality control, and safety.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Develops and continuously improves supplier programs through our memberships in national group purchasing organizations like Vizient or related aggregation groups like MSS.
- Leads negotiation efforts for appropriate contracts; maintains and improves key business partner relationships with vendors, suppliers and customers.
- Establishes and maintains sound relationships with Quality, Operations, Finance, Laboratories and others to ensure system wide processes and activities have appropriate controls in place.
- Develops and manages departmental budgets accordingly.
- Manage personal time off by requesting the time off in company time keeping system for either PTO or VPTO according to company policy for salary employees. See company handbook for policy details.
Set yourself apart
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 7-10+ years of Supply Chain experience with progressive responsibilities with 5+ years of management experience preferred.
- Experience in working in a cGMP environment, with FDA & State Board of Pharmacy experience would be a plus for any candidate.
- Preference to candidates with: six sigma training, Professional Certification in Supply Chain or Materials Management.
- Demonstrated experience in complex strategic planning, project execution, and resource management for a global organization is desirable.
- Experience in successfully coordinating across several complex functions to ensure comprehensive and consistent planning.
- Experience with the preparation of reports and/or presentations/communications via presentation tools such as PowerPoint, project dashboards and written reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Relevant IT skills (able to work with Visio, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to think strategically and tactically (detail-oriented).
- Strong collaborative and influencing skills, and ability to work well in a cross-functional, matrixed environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Meeting management / facilitation skills / teamwork and team building skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Flexible and able to adapt to company growth and evolving responsibilities.
What’s on offer?
We offer a dynamic environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where individuals need to have strong motivation and ability to work independently. Fagron is a widely expanding, international, professional and ambitious pharmaceutical company with multiple growth opportunities. Job opportunity includes competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, performance package, and ability to be part of an international leader in an expanding industry.