About the job
The VP, Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) for North America (NA) will work from one of the Fagron offices in North America and report directly to the President, Fagron North America. This person will also have a functional reporting relationship to the Global Procurement Director. He/ she will be part of The Global Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) team to support our global strategy in the NA region. This newly created role requires strong collaboration with other Procurement team members based in EMEA and LATAM and he/ she will be part of the global PSM leadership team. The team is focused on building the Global PSM Structure to enable us to leverage Fagron’s purchasing power. The supply management of the key raw materials in NA is very important for combining volumes for the other two main markets; LATAM and EMEA.
As a pharmaceutical company, our focus cannot only be price. Quality and availability, lives of patients are at stake, are as important for Fagron.
What will you do?
- Support the implementation of the Global Procurement & Supply Management structure
- Implement the NA procurement & supply strategy
- Manage the senior stakeholders in the region
- Lead the NA procurement team and work with cross functional project teams
- Build relationships with key manufacturers and suppliers, making sure that we get the best quality against the most beneficial conditions
- Be responsible for the purchase of pharmaceutical raw materials for Fagron in NA
- Source, select, and evaluate new and potential manufacturers, agents and suppliers
- Negotiate the best conditions for Fagron on price, payment terms and service
- Work closely with our quality department, because they set the requirements of the products you will buy
- Collect market intelligence to introduce intercompany betterment
Set yourself apart
You possess the following qualifications, background and abilities:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement & supply chain or other related degrees in pharmaceuticals or chemistry
- CIPS or CPSM highly desirable
- MBA or Master’s degree in the field is highly desired
- Other certifications such as Project Management (Prince2 or PMP) or Lean Six Sigma / Black Belt are considered a plus
- Interpersonal skills and creativity
- Customer oriented and “action+ solution” oriented
- Excellent commercial skills and a natural talent for negotiation
- Strong experience in people management
- Analytical competency to review large amount of data and summarize to leadership team
- Knowledge on logistics solutions including high regulated materials
- Proven track record on delivering results
- Willingness to travel regionally and globally
- 10 + years of work experience in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry
- Fluent in English. Other European languages are considered an advantage such as Spanish or Portuguese
- You can handle stress, deadlines and pressure
- Proven track record of year over years savings
- Core values: decisive, pro-active, communicative and flexible
- Willing to be hands-on and build together the Global Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) structure
- Significant experience with sourcing of API’s, excipients, raw materials, cosmetics, essential oils, extracts and other materials.
What’s on offer?
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet