About the job
- Define the required product specifications in consultation with the local Purchasing Departments aiming to obtain a correct picture of the required product and the associated quality, terms etc.
- Request, assess and select quotations on the basis of product specifications from suppliers and negotiate the purchase of goods or services within the limits of one’s responsibility and the applicable Service Level Agreements aiming to achieve the best possible conditions for the organisation in terms of price, payment terms, quality and delivery term.
- Regular evaluation of the existing suppliers aiming to assess the quality and reliability of suppliers and informing the management about this.
- Screening the market using available databases and Internet aiming to find alternative suppliers and thus putting pressure on prices.
- Follow up commercial opportunities and actively seek price discounts aiming to permanently improve the cost efficiency of the purchasing process.
- Contribute ideas about the purchasing strategy and come up with proposals to optimise this aiming to improve the efficiency of the purchasing process.
- Continuously monitor the latest trends and developments in one’s field and keep one’s knowledge up to date in terms of trends aiming to consolidate one’s credibility, by offering a service that is always based on up-to-date knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned
Set yourself apart
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement & supply chain or other related degrees in pharmaceuticals or chemistry
- CIPS or CPSM highly desirable
- Other certifications such as Project Management (Prince2 or PMP) or Lean Six Sigma / Black Belt are considered a plus
- Fluent in English. Spanish is considered an advantage
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry and of category sourcing management
What’s on offer?
We offer a unique working environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a young, professional and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you a competitive compensation.