About the job
Fagron is the world’s leading pharmaceutical compounding company and offers prescribers the broadest possible range of therapeutic options. We are committed to improving the lives of millions of people across the world by developing unique concepts and innovative solutions to meet the growing global demand for customized medication. We focus on personalized medicine so we can help everyone with medicine based on their needs.
The Operations Manager EMEA is responsible for Fagron's operational activities in EMEA to achieve the highest operational efficiency and productivity standards. Your primary location will be Rotterdam, but you will be traveling across Europe to our conditioning sites in The Netherlands, Greece, Czech Republic and Poland. You will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
You strive for a high-quality standard by complying with the chain oriented KPI’s. Your analytical skills, process-based insight, financial knowledge and helicopter view ensure that our employees can work successfully with enthusiasm on achieving results.
What will you do?
- Direct, coordinate and develop all operational aspects in the EMEA region
- Oversee daily operations of the production sites for conditioning of pharmaceutical raw materials in Europe (NL, CZ, HE, PL)
- Collaborate with the EMEA Leadership Team in developing and implementing strategic initiatives
- Oversee, monitor and evaluate the operation's performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Direct the preparation of operating budgets and analyze and approve operational investments that best meet the organization's business needs
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Lead, evaluate and develop a team of senior managers and professionals with operational responsibilities
- Ensure that the organization achieves its business objectives and complies with all relevant regulations and laws
The other responsibilities in the role are:
- Drive operational efficiency and improvement
- Making and following up on work budget and planning
- Drive operational KPI’s (product availability, site downtime, …)
- Look at savings and set out projects/initiatives to achieve them
- Support local sites with operational questions and share best practices
- Maintain proactive communication and positive relations with all stakeholders
Set yourself apart
Qualifications, background and abilities:
- Master’s degree or MBA
- At least 8+ years of relevant experience with a focus on operations, preferably in pharmaceutical environment.
- International and cross-functional work experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes in drugs/API’s/excipients
- Proven record in lean management / six sigma
- Team player with strong managerial skills.
- Fluent in English
- Familiar with working in a matrix and in a multinational, cross-functional environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, innovative, result-driven, proactive, hands-on and problem solving
- Global thinker
What’s on offer?
We offer a unique working environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a young, professional and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you a competitive compensation.