About the job
The training compliance specialist is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization's employees. This position assesses property-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. Core to these activities will be the ability to effectively manage projects and foster effective interdepartmental and cross-functional partnerships.
- Actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs; establishing training profiles for all site personnel and managing compliance to established profiles.
- Develop on-boarding and training strategies to effectively & efficiently on-board new hires. In addition, implement various learning methods companywide.
- Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops and other trainings.
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities.
- Help managers develop their team members through career pathing.
- Conducts needs assessments/instructional analysis to ensure conformity with mission training objectives and develops training plans as needed.
- Designs and conducts performance-based measurement assessments for objective evaluation of divisional instructional programs.
- Prepares training status reports, exhibits, memoranda, and training desk procedures as required.
- Authors and organizes training systems, procedural manuals and supporting documentation for training programs and systems in accordance with QMS requirements.
- Develops, writes and coordinates training course plans working with colleague specialists for specific details. The training manuals should include: course content, visual charts, videotapes, slides, etc., with applications for web-based training. Types initial and/or final drafts of manuals.
- Promotes team efforts and interaction, demonstrating high ethical attitude, influencing others to do the same.
- Partners with operations management to review manufacturing issues and provide training solutions for operators and implement preventative actions in effort to reduce deviation.
Set yourself apart
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field (Education, Social Science or related field) and/or 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience developing, analysing, and conducting instructional training programs and/or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience as a learning and development, training manager or similar experience.
- A working knowledge of effective learning and development methods.
- Experience interpreting compliance requirements and regulations is required.
- Knowledge of DEA, FDA and state regulations pertaining to manufacturing and handling of controlled substances.
- Must possess excellent written, oral and presentation skills, both in a classroom setting and one-on-one.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and creativity.
- Experience with e-learning management platforms and practices would be beneficial, such a Master Control.
- Experience with Quality Management System (QMS) preferred; experience utilizing a QMS required.
- Must also possess working knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to analyse a situation and determine appropriate course of action to improve performance or behaviour needs.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and to multitask effectively.
- Knowledge of learning theories and principles including adult learning theory.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Previous experience operating under FDA cGMP with a robust understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations.
What’s on offer?
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents.