About the job
Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Manager (CSM) is responsible for managing members of the Customer Service team and monitoring their performance while still providing excellent service to the customer. This role oversees the team schedule, resolves emergency issues, provides training for new employees, and handles service issues beyond employee capability. As you would expect, the CSM will need to meet all customer and company expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and develop the Customer Service team by hiring and training new team members
- Research strategies to further improve the customer experience
- Distribute work among team members
- Develop standards and procedures for the department
- Document customer service discussions and actions
- Maintain accurate records and files of documentation
- Manage budget and expenses
- Set and maintain all customer service procedures and policies
- Address returns, refunds, credits, and shipping tracking numbers
- Record, organize, and file customer interactions and profile/account changes
- Provide resources for quality customer service
- Implement customer service strategies to improve quality of service
- Address and resolve team and customer conflicts
- Anticipate and resolve customer service issues
- Maintain a professional workspace and workflow
- Evaluate employee performance
- Work cross-functionally with other departments including but not limited to Sales, Marketing, and Finance to ensure customer satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned
Set yourself apart
Customer Service Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in customer support, client services, sales, or a related field
- 3-5 years’ supervisory experience in a customer service center, manufacturing industry background preferred
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and customer service software including CRM and ERP
- Customer-focused for a positive customer experience and resolution
- Able to think fast, find answers, and respond quickly to customer issues
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
- Able to concentrate on multiple tasks at once
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
What’s on offer?
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents.
Let's talk about our Office! Our Austin office is located in the heart of the city in a beautiful high-rise that is very easy to access. Once you arrive at the 12th floor, you will see our bright and beautiful space with great downtown views. You will love the friendly and energetic atmosphere of our office, along with the great perks we all enjoy immensely. Things like - free garage parking in our building, daily coffee delivery, weekly catered lunches, and a refrigerator stocked with all sorts of tasty cold drinks from which to choose!
Fagron offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, vision and dental; health savings account (HSA); holiday/paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet