About the job
We are looking for a dynamic Legal Counsel with 4-7 years of working experience relevant experience as a lawyer or as an in-house legal counsel, ideally gained in an international context. As Legal Counsel, you will assist the global Fagron businesses with legal support, due diligence, transactional and corporate secretarial duties in the pharmaceutical industry. As part of our legal team, you’ll provide key legal insights and to the point legal advice and assistance.
You’ll work as part of a team on exciting legal due diligence projects in acquisitions and divestments globally. You will get hands-on experience helping to bring key legal insights and deal with issues to the table with support from senior team members.
Skills and responsibilities for this level include but are not limited to:
- Participating (drafting relevant corporate documentation) in acquisitions, mergers, divestments, transfers of activities, etc.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating pre-bid, joint venture and shareholders agreements in support to ongoing business operations.
- Preparing and taking care of the follow-up of incorporation of companies and registration of branches.
- Supervising and/or drafting of company secretarial documents (FR/EN/NL ordinary/special: minutes of boards of directors and shareholders meetings, reports, powers of attorney, management reports, publications, …) in support to about 80 foreign subsidiaries and branches.
- Preparing reviews of realized and ongoing corporate transactions (acquisitions, incorporations, registrations, divestments and liquidations).
- Following mandates (directors, auditors) validity, renewal, dismissal, resignation, appointment.
- Providing documentation and information as support to ongoing business operations.
- Issuing advisory reports to subsidiaries pointing out missing steps towards legal compliance and giving support to realize them.
- Work in project teams together with other specialists (senior management, operations, tax, legal, HR, IT).
- Use straightforward communication.
- You can think in solutions, can switch quickly and have an interest in complex issues.
- You can work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, proactivity, openness to work in a multicultural environment.
Set yourself apart
- You have a Belgian master’s degree in law.
- You have 4 to 7 years of relevant experience as a lawyer or as an in-house legal counsel, ideally gained in an international context.
- Working experience in a listed company is considered a plus.
- You are fluent in Dutch with a good knowledge of English (written and oral)
- You are punctual, conscientious and pay attention to inconsistencies.
- You adopt a pragmatic business approach and understand the impact of legal issues on the broader business.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and can work in a demanding environment.
- You like to work in a team and enjoy sharing knowledge, but you can also work independently and take on responsibilities.
- You are flexible and capable of working efficiently in an international environment.
- Preferably you are available to start in October 2021.
What’s on offer?
We offer a unique working environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a dynamic and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you a competitive compensation.