About the job
The Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) Director for Fagron North America report to the President of North America and functionally to the Global Director of Procurement & Supply Management. He/ She will work closely with Fagron’s senior leadership team and key site functional leaders in developing strategies and processes, as well as oversee the implementation and management of these processes to ensure reliable, compliant, cost effective and on-time supply of products to meet business requirements. This person will be part of the Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) team and support the implementation of global strategies within Fagron North America. The supply management of the key raw materials in NA is very important for combining volumes for the other two main markets; LATAM and EMEA.
As a pharmaceutical company, our focus cannot only be price. Quality and availability, lives of patients are at stake, are as important for Fagron.
What will you do?
- Support the implementation of the Global Procurement & Supply Management strategies
- Lead the local procurement team and work with cross functional project teams
- Build relationships with key manufacturers and suppliers, making sure that we get the best quality against the most beneficial conditions
- Work closely with our quality department, because they set the requirements of the products you will buy
- Manage the senior stakeholders in the region
- Be responsible for the purchase of pharmaceutical materials (Direct & Indirect) for Fagron North America
- Source, select, and evaluate new and potential manufacturers, agents and suppliers
- Negotiate the best conditions for Fagron on price, payment terms and service
- Collect market intelligence to introduce intercompany betterment
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement & supply chain or other related degrees in pharmaceuticals or chemistry
- MBA or Master’s degree in the field is highly desired
- Other certifications such as Project Management (Prince2 or PMP) or Lean Six Sigma / Black Belt are considered a plus
Desired Skills and behavior’s:
- Interpersonal skills and creativity
- Customer oriented and “action+ solution” oriented
- Excellent commercial skills and a natural talent for negotiation
- Strong experience in people management
- Analytical competency to review large amount of data and summarize to leadership team
- Knowledge on logistics solutions including high regulated materials
- Proven track record on delivering results
- Willingness to travel regionally and globally
Set yourself apart
- 10 + years of work experience in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry
- Fluent in English. Other European languages are considered an advantage such as Spanish or Portuguese
- You can handle stress, deadlines and pressure
- Proven track record of year over years savings
- Core values: decisive, pro-active, communicative and flexible
- Willing to be hands-on and build together the Global Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) structure
- Significant experience with sourcing of API’s, excipients, raw materials, cosmetics, essential oils, extracts and other materials.
What’s on offer?
We offer a unique working environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a young, professional and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you a competitive compensation.