About the job
GX Sciences, a division of Fagron, is hiring a Lab Assistant - Molecular Lab, Genetics in our Austin, Texas office. This position will work with senior lab staff to process genetic samples, perform tests, and record and analyze results. It requires in-depth knowledge of lab procedures and maintaining a clean workspace by following all lab regulations for health and safety. The right candidate needs to have a strong attention to detail, be responsible, and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare samples for testing using various laboratory equipment
- Maintain all laboratory records
- Comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations
- Conduct laboratory tests, analyze results, and document your findings
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices
- Document all activities, results and report back to management
- Clean and sterilize equipment and work area
- Collect and prepare research and information needed for studies
- Classify and label samples
- Undertake basic administrative tasks such as filing and answering telephones
- Other duties as assigned
Set yourself apart
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, biology or relevant field
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in a clinical laboratory or reference laboratory setting
- Experience in the genetics field a plus
- A critical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding analytical abilities
What’s on offer?
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents.
Of course, Fagron offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, vision and dental; health savings account (HSA); holiday/paid time off.