About the job
The Labelling Technician is a core member of the Tech Services team that supports post-production through oversight and planning on all label serialization activities in addition to support of all product and packaging labels at the FSS East Facility. This individual is extremely organized and has experience in planning and executing multi-step CGMP activities. This person is expected to work towards acting as the subject matter expert on all label printing activities within their first year in the position.
- Label Serialization
- Work with Supply Chain and Quality on ordering, receiving, inspecting and management of blank label stock to help avoid production delays due to limited inventory.
- Work with Production Planning and Operations to understand and anticipate demand for labels for the near (2weeks) and long term (forecasted product growth).
- Owner of the Label Serialization Process, including operation and routine care of serialization printer.
- Product & Package Label printing
- Work with Post-Production staff to understand/anticipate demand and timing for specific printed labels for the near term.
- Owner of the Label Printing Process as described in Fagron SOPs.
- Perform routine visual inspection of printed labels to ensure they are legible.
- Perform routine care and maintenance of the Epson label printer system.
- General Label SME
- Act as technical resource for FSS teams evaluating new label designs/materials.
- Act as resource for new label/label change control process.
Set yourself apart
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows environment & MS Office software.
- Strong personal computing skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Light mechanical ability including use of simple hand tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position somewhat active and requires standing, walking, bending, and kneeling during the day.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move boxes or items over 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close/colour/peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
What’s on offer?
We offer a dynamic environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where individuals need to have strong motivation and ability to work independently. Fagron is a widely expanding, international, professional and ambitious pharmaceutical company with multiple growth opportunities. Job opportunity includes competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, performance package, and ability to be part of an international leader in an expanding industry.