About the job
The Senior Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, including subledger to ledger for Bank accounts, Fixed assets, Inventory, AR, and AP. Update schedules to substantiate all other Balance sheets accounts.
- Record Expenses and accruals related to Payroll, operating expenses, and depreciation.
- Prepare Financial statements.
- Prepare/Develop analytical reports to aid business in identifying variances and trends.
- Maintain the general ledger.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files Sales and use tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Develop, document, and streamline accounting processes and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Set yourself apart
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP and relevant financial accounting regulations.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to work independently to investigate and resolve day to day issues with minimum guidance.
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables)
Education and Experience:
- BS in Accounting.
- CPA preferred
- At least 3-6 years of progressive experience required.