About the job
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist for our new Fagron Shared Service Center in the city center of Barcelona. We are currently setting up the Shared Service Center, therefore this is an opportunity for someone who likes to create and implement new processes and to be part of a newly formed team. You will support in transferring the local Accounts Payable processes to the Shared Service Center. In due course you will be responsible for the A/P activities for 1 or more countries in the EMEA region. This is an exciting opportunity for a finance professional who wants to be part of a driven, international team with daily learning opportunities.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Processing incoming supplier invoices in Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Navision, possibly for multiple legal entities
- Reviewing invoices for legal and company requirements and ensure timely and proper approvals
- Matching invoices to purchase orders and resolve differences
- Preparing outgoing payments to suppliers
- Ensure that the vendor open items are clean and up to date
- Ensure that clearing accounts are clean and up to date (travel expenses, credit cards etc.)
- Prepare monthly accrual files for invoices not posted in time
- Take initiatives to improve processes and KPIs
Set yourself apart
- Preferably you have previous experience in Accounts Payable or an academic degree in Business Administration
- You have a solid understanding of basic accounting
- You are fluent in English and Dutch
- You are customer oriented with a positive collaborative attitude
- You are organized and have an attention for detail
- You are proactive and independent with a hands-on mentality and are constantly looking for potential process improvements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Navision is an advantage
What’s on offer?
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet