About the job
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: Canton, MA (Boston facility)
Responsible for performing the day-to-day operations in the incoming and outgoing Warehouse Duties include all functional areas of Distribution Operations and Warehousing at the Fresenius Kabi Compounding Center, The functions of the position include, but are not limited to, receiving raw materials, put-away, replenishment, customer inventory cycle count, receiving finished goods, order fulfillment, packing and delivering finished goods to customers, sanitation and maintenance.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT.
- Accurately pick customer orders according to product code, lot number, and quantity requested and move completed orders to packing lines. Report any discrepancies and/or damages to the Supervisor.
- Check picked orders for accuracy of lot numbers, quantities and document completion.
- Accurately pack customer orders according to products requested on order form. Pack completed orders in such a manner as to protect the product from loss or damage.
- Pickup, load and deliver Finished Product from manufacturing plant to local hospitals and clinics.
- Ensures good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and behaving with integrity in a courteous and professional manner.
- May take note of and possibly resolve customer complaints. Reports more complex issues and complaints to DC staff or Customer Service for resolution.
- Under general supervision, follows established company policies and procedures and applies acquired job skills to receive, unload and put away raw materials and production supplies from incoming trucks; stores in appropriate areas. Coordinates with Quality Systems, as necessary.
- Receiving and storing materials in the warehouse and performing transactions in ERP/SAP.
- Inspects documents attached to incoming loads, completes receiving paperwork, signs for incoming deliveries, and maintains shipping/receiving logs and records.
- Performs daily maintenance checklist on all forklifts.
- Participates in all activities required to maintain a clean and safe plant.
- Responsible for answering phones and scheduling/receiving deliveries
- Operates forklift and other transport equipment as necessary to move material. Performs normal routine maintenance to ensure equipment is kept in good working condition. Report to Materials Manager any maintenance and/or repair problems on equipment operated. Abides by all safety and operating rules.
- Cleans, maintains, and ensures proper housekeeping in the facility and company truck to meet and exceed cGMP requirements.
- Performs all duties by following established SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and complies with all cGMP requirements.
- Responsible to learn all applicable Standard Operating Procedures and compliancy with all regulations regarding the handling, storage, and shipping of Dangerous Drugs.
- Adhere to all Good Documentation Practices (GDP) standards.
- Responsible to understand and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for additional projects and duties as assigned by Supervisor
Set yourself apart
- HS Diploma/GED
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience at a position of responsibility (i.e. Warehouse worker, Order Fulfillment, etc.) and a good working knowledge of all functional areas of a warehouse/distribution environment.
- General knowledge of ERP systems (i.e. SAP) preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Use of RF scanning technology a plus.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (oral and written communication); effectively able to articulate ideas.
- Effective problem solving skills and demonstrated use of sound judgment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team setting – establishes and communicates expectations.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Capable of operating a Powered Industrial Truck (PIT), including, but not limited to, walkie-riders, cherry pickers, deep reaches, and sit-down forklifts. Forklift certification is preferred, or the Company will train on forklift and support the certification process. The incumbent will need to successfully obtain the forklift certification.
- Well-versed in the execution of Replenishment Transfer Orders and the confirmation thereof. Additionally, the incumbent must have training in all functional areas of outbound distributions, including picking, checking, packing, stock rotation, manifesting of parcel goods, generation of packing slips and BOL’s, and other paperwork and documents as required.
What’s on offer?
We offer a dynamic environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where individuals need to have strong motivation and ability to work independently. Fagron is a widely expanding, international, professional and ambitious pharmaceutical company with multiple growth opportunities. Job opportunity includes competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, performance package, and ability to be part of an international leader in an expanding industry.