About the job
Under general supervision of the Director, Inside Sales, the Account Manager drives business by selling pharmaceutical products to pharmacies via phone. The Account Manager employs and executes a variety of sales techniques and campaigns, all while providing superior customer service. The Account Manager works as a team with the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and a Customer Service Representative (CSR) to
build partnerships with existing customers, along with building new accounts, as they work towards becoming the preferred source for all the customers’ pharmaceutical needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Contributes to the development of a shared vision for Letco Medical’s presence in the Compounding market to help meet or exceed the segments’ financial goals and objectives.
2. Conducts outbound sales calls to targeted groups of customers with the objective(s) of new account acquisition, existing account expansion and existing account retention.
3. Solicits competitive intelligence information from customers.
4. Works with the RSM and CSR to develop and maintain strong customer relationships within an assigned territory of customer accounts.
5. Creates and maintains a positive image of the Company by building positive business relationships with internal and external customers and business partners.
6. Works with RSMs to develop detailed account plans for key Compounding accounts including high potential product categories, sales growth and profitability projections, sales activity plans, targeted promotions, cross-functional support requirements, etc.
7. Remains knowledgeable on changes in the Compounding Market; evaluates industry and business trends for potential impact on the organization; develops sales strategies to leverage market opportunities and utilizes research to determine feasibility; explores new sales opportunities by analyzing competitive information and establishing courses of action to obtain new business.
8. Other duties as assigned
Set yourself apart
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. ADAPTABILITY: Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected
2. ANALYTICAL: Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
3. ATTENDANCE / PUNCTUALITY: Is consistently at work and on time; arrives for meetings and appointments on time.
4. BUSINESS ACUMEN: Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
5. CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: Manages difficult customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits internal and external customer feedback to improve responsiveness; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments. Ensures positive customer experiences.
6. DEPENDABILITY: Responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
7. ETHICS / PROFESSIONALISM: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; works with integrity; inspires the trust of others; upholds organizational values; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
8. INTERPERSONAL: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
9. JUDGMENT: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
10. MOTIVATION: Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
11. ORAL COMMUNICATION: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
12. ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT: Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
13. PROBLEM SOLVING / INNOVATION: Meets challenges with resourcefulness; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative and innovative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
14. QUALITY: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
15. QUANTITY: Meets productivity standards; strives to increase productivity.
16. TEAM WORK: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
17. WRITTEN COMMUNICATION: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively
What’s on offer?
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents.
Fagron offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, vision and dental; health savings account (HSA); holiday/paid time off.