About the job
As the Technical Application Specialist, you have knowledge and experience on a wide range of IT technologies, applications, networking and security. You are comfortable to operate on the sweet spot of these areas. If something is out of your area of expertise, you do not hesitate to reach out to get a solution. You are able to translate business questions to a workable and maintainable solution.
You must be highly knowledgeable about different computer applications and stay up to date with the constant changes and developments in the technologies and business requirements. The technical application specialist's responsibilities include to get an understanding of the current landscape and support this. Also, upgrading to a modern version is also in scope of this roll.
Some key tasks and responsibilities as a Technical Application Specialist are:
• Support a wide range of business applications
• Look for and suggest application replacement, with modern versions or solutions
• Architectural, stay aligned with the IT Architect and assess design decisions
• Mentor, act as a senior consultant within the IT organization
• Problem solving, support IT teams on problems
• Keep track on integration projects and ensure that they meet business requirements and goals
• Fulfil the end user requirements
• Identify and resolve the system issues
• Making recommendation of the integration products and services by carrying out proper research
• Collaborate with the vendors to identify the features that might be of value to Fagron
• Communicate with the software developers and engineers to address any problem in the program logic
• Improve the business process by integration
Set yourself apart
You possess the following qualifications, background and abilities:
• At least a bachelor's degree
• Proven experience in a similar role
• Proven (technical) experience with multiple business solutions, preferably with solutions on the Microsoft stack
• Expert in database engineering using SQL development
• Understanding of Windows OS, web hosting and networking
• Knowledge about various architectures and protocols such as XSLT, EDI, REST, XML, FTP, and SOAP
• Knowledge about secure transmissions, digital certificated, and PKI
• Strong experience with data architecture and application architecture
• You have a hands-on mentality and are a creative thinker.
What’s on offer?
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment that supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents. Be part of a collaborative culture that rewards you with competitive compensation, an extensive benefits package and a truly open and dynamic work environment.