About the job
The North American Assistant Controller will work with the North America Controller and be responsible for oversight of North America accounting as well as managing the compliance and internal controls program for the Company. This individual will be a key point of contact for divisional CFO’s and entity Controllers with respect to accounting and reporting issues. They will also work closely with other functional groups including FP&A, treasury, insurance & corporate tax teams. Additionally, they will lead the external audit effort as it relates to the North America companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the management of all aspects of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close.
- Assist in the management of the quarterly and annual external audit engagement.
- Manage internal controls activities.
- Ensure harmonization of accounting policies throughout the organization.
- Oversee statutory audit & filing process.
- Oversee North America tax and treasury responsibilities
- Lead continuous improvement projects in driving efficiency and quality.
- Play a lead role in acquisitions, from due diligence & valuation to financial systems integration.
- Develop a culture of accountability, execution, and quality.
- Recruit, train, and develop a high-performing accounting team.
Set yourself apart
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA required, big 4 experience preferred.
- At least 10+ years of experience working in large multi-national company environment, preferably in a cost accounting/manufacturing environment
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Proficiency in accounting systems (Microsoft Dynamics).
Personal Characteristics and Traits:
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate team.
- Ability to execute on commitments.
- Possess a very high sense of urgency.
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be hands-on and detail-oriented but able to see the big picture.
- Ability to work with teams in foreign countries.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to build strong rapport with associates at all levels of the business.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- A continuous improvement mentality a must.
- Possess high energy and able to handle conflict well.
- Analyze complicated issues and boil down to the key points.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; fluent in English.
What’s on offer?
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents. Fagron offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, vision and dental; health savings account (HSA); holiday/paid time off.
Now let's not forget our office!
We are located a beautiful high-rise in the heart of downtown Austin that is very easy to access. Once you arrive at the 12th floor, you will be greeted by our bright and beautiful space with fantastic downtown views everywhere. You will love the friendly and energetic atmosphere of our office, along with the great perks we all enjoy immensely. Things like - free garage parking in our building that is safe and secure. Fresh Starbucks coffee delivered daily, delicious catered lunches daily, and refrigerators stocked with all sorts of tasty cold drinks from which to choose!