Over de functie
As a Staff Attorney working in our Austin Office, you will help develop and lead corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the interests of Fagron North America. You will assist in the delivery of all legal services in a wide range of areas, including, but not limited to: acquisitions; corporate compliance; commercial transactions; insurance coverage; employment contracts; and litigation. This role reports to the SVP, Legal and Governmental Affairs.
- Advise and assist on legal matters in connection with organizational activities.
- Draft legal documents.
- Review and modify employment, vendor, acquisition, compliance, services, real estate and equipment contracts.
- Analyze legal issues for the executive team on issues related to proposed acquisitions, FDA rules and guidance, clinical trials and drug development, laboratory services, 503A and 503B state and federal licensing regulations and HIPAA.
- Review, draft, and revise internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
- Draft organization policies and template agreements, including NDAs and Business Associate Agreements.
- Assist with ensuring that the organization conforms to statutory requirements and that any areas of action or improvement are highlighted in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Negotiate terms and conditions for the organization with external suppliers and/or customers.
- Work with the Senior Attorney to ensure legal best practice, efficiency and effectiveness of procedures and methodologies of the organization.
- Conduct research on legal issues for Sr VP, Legal and Governmental Affairs, and Senior Attorney.
- Oversee delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities.
- Assist with complex legal analysis and problem solving by identifying legal issues, synthesizing multiple legal requirements, applying analysis to facts presented, and presenting legal and business recommendations that enable the company to achieve its objectives while mitigating and/or eliminating legal risk (including monetary damages, criminal penalties and regulatory sanctions).
- Other duties as assigned
- Be the ambassador of Fagron Family Rules, Values and Culture.
Maak het verschil
- JD and active membership in good standing in any state in the U.S.
- Licensed in Texas or the ability to become licensed within six (6) months of hire date.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a large law firm or corporation practicing corporate, mergers and acquisitions, or pharmaceutical/compounding law; preference given to candidates with 4 years or more of experience in a large law firm or corporation practicing corporate, mergers and acquisitions, or pharmaceutical/compounding law.
- Experience supporting a multi-state, multi-site rapidly growing organization.
- Experience navigating complex legal issues that have a corporate-wide scope.
- A trusted advisor and confidant with exceptional judgment and the highest ethical standards.
- Good working knowledge in corporate and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Strong critical and problem-solving skills based on a foundation of solid business and legal experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engender the trust of those with whom one works.
- Knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical, 503A and/or 503B industry, specifically as it relates to the current regulatory environment.
- Broad understanding of business issues and their integration with expansive and complex legal issues.
- Strong strategic decision-making ability.
- Well organized; able to manage and prioritize changing workloads and meet deadlines.
- Team player and leader who cultivates talent and encourages excellence.
- JD and active membership in good standing with the Texas State Bar (or able to become licensed in Texas within six months from employment start date)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to defend assumptions and effectively communicate with internal stakeholders.
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with many different functions.
Wat bieden wij?
We believe in our people and foster a supportive environment that develops and rewards performance and incentivizes long-term career success. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive Salary & Bonus Program
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Generous Paid Time Off and Rollover
- Company matching 401K and Retirement Savings Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working arrangements
Now let's not forget our office!
We are located a beautiful high-rise in the heart of downtown Austin that is very easy to access. Once you arrive at the 12th floor, you will be greeted by our bright and beautiful space with fantastic downtown views everywhere. You will love the friendly and energetic atmosphere of our office, along with the great perks we all enjoy immensely. Things like - free garage parking in our building that is safe and secure. Fresh Starbucks coffee delivered daily, delicious catered lunches, and refrigerators stocked with all sorts of tasty cold drinks from which to choose!