Over de functie
Carry out the entire purchasing process for specific product groups (pharmaceutical raw materials) for the EMEA region. Ensuring product availability at best price and in accordance with Regional and Global strategy.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Entering purchase orders, processing and maintaining data in the ERP system.
- Monitoring order processes to ensure timely delivery of purchase orders and managing suppliers proactively to avoid delays. Escalating issues when necessary
- Purchasing and distribution of large product streams to the regional subsidiaries
- Requesting, assessing and selecting quotations on the basis of product specifications
- Negotiation of material prices, payment terms and incoterms for smaller products and/or services portfolios in accordance to the business strategy
- Monitoring inventory levels and tracking lead times in collaboration with the planning and logistics team.
- Supporting the procurement activities in accordance with Sourcing and Category management team.
- Perform supplier evaluation to assess the quality and reliability of suppliers, pricing and other purchasing conditions.
- Screen the market using available databases and sources to find alternative suppliers with competitive conditions.
- Follow up commercial opportunities and actively seek better price and product availability as part of continuous improvement of purchasing conditions
- Contribute ideas about the purchasing strategy and come up with proposals to optimise efficiency of the purchasing .
- Continuously and actively follow market trends.
Maak het verschil
- Bachelor or equivalent education, preferably in Procurement/Sales/Business
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience as Buyer of direct products/raw materials
- Efficient and structured way of working
- Excellent skills to manage stakeholders and engage with people
- Fluency in English is mandatory and any other European language is a plus
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Experience with ERP systems and ability to learn fast
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical industry and products is a plus
Wat bieden wij?
We offer you a job in a successful, international and fast-growing organization. You will be part of a fresh and motivated team and get plenty of room for self-development with plenty of growth opportunities. We are open and informal organization where our people have a lot of autonomy. In addition to the substantive challenges, we offer a competitive salary and excellent perks and benefits. We also allow hybrid working.