For our Innovations Team in Rotterdam, we are looking for a Global Medical Science Liaison (GMSL). As a Global Medical Science Liaison (GMSL) you will be Fagron’s medical scientific expert for our brands, acting as the key link between health care professionals (clinicians), research and our local innovation teams.
The role of GMSL is focused on building scientific evidence, education rather than sales. The main purposes of the job is:
- Be part of the “invention cycle process” of Fagron communicating and exchanging ideas about new products and concepts with local innovation managers and colleagues from the R&D team.
- Identify and connect with KOMs (physicians, doctors) around the globe and maintain a group of KOMs for different projects and brands
- Educate key clinicians about specific products or medical devices
- Answer their scientific questions about these products
- Create relevant content for marketing material intended for clinicians, transforming scientific pharmaceutical R&D language to relevant for clinician content.
- Feed key information back to colleagues in commercial functions, such as marketing and sales, to inform their strategies.
- Consequently, it's your job to provide clinicians with accurate and balanced information about Fagron brands and relevant data from studies, so that they can make decisions on how to use Fagron products
As a GMSL, you'll need to:
- Identify leading influential experts in fields of medicine or research relevant to Fagron products, e.g. physicians and professors. These experts are referred to in the industry as key opinion-makers (KOMs)
- Build peer-to-peer relationships with KOMs
- Provide medical and scientific information to respond to KOMs' technical questions about Fagron Products or medical device
- Lead meetings with KOLs to discuss relevant scientific literature and address their scientific inquiries
- Make educational presentations to senior doctors and researchers, for example on clinical trial data
- Respond to scientific inquiries from distributors and internal colleagues
- Gather information from KOLs as to how they are using Fagron brands
- Feed this information back to marketing and sales colleagues to help develop marketing materials and commercial strategy
- Develop and deliver scientific training courses to other staff members and international distributors
- Provide information to clinicians with an interest in studying Fagron brands in a different context, or with a different patient group from the one it was initially intended
- Coordinate trials to test the drug in these different contexts
- Keep up to date with the latest scientific research and clinical data relevant to your focus drug or device
Postaraj wyróżnić się na tle innych
- Bachelor's degree in Medicine required. Master's or Ph.D. in a relevant therapeutic specialty is a pre
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry is strongly recommended
- Proven track record of project management skills
- Proactivity attitude
- Strong academic thinking with even stronger social skills
- Ability to explain complicated scientific matters in a logical and understandable way
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an intrinsic interest to work together in a team
- Resourceful and able to independently initiate and lead projects with a cross-functional team
- Acts responsibly and works accurately
- Fluent in English
We offer a unique working environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a young, professional and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you a competitive compensation.